SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Report: State doesn’t know whether 80% of people with revoked FOID cards are still armed
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Report: State doesn’t know whether 80% of people with revoked FOID cards are still armed Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I went to high school in Orland Park. I was kind of surprised to see it listed. Upon further thinking those residents were probably more likely to bother with a FOID card. Those living in rougher suburbs probably just drove to Indiana and got ammo.

Illinois residents have to show a FOID card to purchase ammo in Indiana.

Not true...at least not per state law. There's nothing on our books that says anything about IDing someone for ammo purchases, period. In the part of the state where I live (about 2 hours from Chicago) I've never seen anyone ask for any form of ID for an ammo purchase except for big box retailers who require it as store policy. And I doubt any of them around here would even know what an FOID card is.

I do know I've seen them ask for an FOID card from IL residents buying ammo at the Cabela's in Lake County (2 miles east of IL off of I-80). It kinda pissed me off when I saw it happen because we don't need that FOID bullshit in our state, but I imagine it's some kind of store policy with them being so close to IL.

Posts: 8420 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post