This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/1150084914

March 06, 2017, 06:55 PM
kingfish007
Living on acreage property. UPDATE: We got the property
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
What a beautiful place!
Not to be a downer, but the short dead end at what I am guessing is the S/W corner of the property is a security concern for me. Easy access to your barn and may be out of sight from the house. May be a good spot for a camera!

I am definitely adding security cameras and LED lights throughout the property. It is a very safe area though. Current owner is the ex chief of police for Rice university... We are more worried about 4-legged intruders than the 2-legged ones Smile. Already saw some deer and a bobcat when we visited the area at night.
March 06, 2017, 06:58 PM
kingfish007
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
Why is the fence set back so far from the road?

No idea. I won't be moving the fence line anytime soon Smile
March 06, 2017, 07:04 PM
ShouldBFishin
Congratulations!

I'm jealous. My fiancee and I have discussed moving out to the country many times - it's on our list of things to do. It'll probably be a couple of years, but we did do a drive by of an awesome place a couple weekends ago...
March 06, 2017, 07:51 PM
uptime
I purchased a 65 acre wooded tract, six years ago, and built a large garage/shop/apartment building and a detached home with covered porches all around the house. Three ever-flowing streams and one large creek. Lots of wildlife. Total privacy. Key tools to make things easier are a L-3400 Kubota tractor with three-point attachments and a front-end loader, a side by side Kawasaki ATV, etc. My wife and I love it. So far we still have our primary home but now spend 1/2 of our time at our "farm". We have a shooting range, raised beds for our garden, wide trails through-out the property. BTW, I am 81 YO and my wife is 76 YO.
March 06, 2017, 08:08 PM
Dayum, DP! Very very nice. Congrats! Cool

Q

March 07, 2017, 09:18 AM
kingfish007
quote:
Originally posted by uptime:
I purchased a 65 acre wooded tract, six years ago, and built a large garage/shop/apartment building and a detached home with covered porches all around the house. Three ever-flowing streams and one large creek. Lots of wildlife. Total privacy. Key tools to make things easier are a L-3400 Kubota tractor with three-point attachments and a front-end loader, a side by side Kawasaki ATV, etc. My wife and I love it. So far we still have our primary home but now spend 1/2 of our time at our "farm". We have a shooting range, raised beds for our garden, wide trails through-out the property. BTW, I am 81 YO and my wife is 76 YO.

That is awesome... We want this to be our last home Smile