SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for a small tablet that can run excel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a small tablet that can run excel Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
I am looking for a small tablet that can run excel with a USB port. This would be used for some activity at work, instead of writing things down and then reentering into an excel file, they could just enter in excel in a small tablet and send the file.

Doesnt really need to do more than that

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Microsoft has a mobile version of its Office software. I can open and modify excel files on my Android phone no problem. Microsoft has an iPad version as well.

Perhaps the most basic 32gb iPad would work? It's a pretty good deal at $300 these days.

You can get USB Thumb drives that are dual-ended with both the Apple lightning and a regular USB-A connector. Like this:

https://www.officedepot.com/a/...Q_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
For an even cheaper tablet, Costco has the Samsung Galaxy 7" Tablet for $140.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Last October I got the Amazon Fire HD 10 (10") tablet to use both inside and out of the house. Has an Android OS and a USB-C port (and headphone jack) and a microsd slot. Also has bluetooth and wifi. It took less than 10 minutes going through a few easy steps to be able to load the Google Playstore app. From there I added Netflix, local/national news, music, video ... anything I wanted.

I looked on Playstore and saw that Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint plus others are all available to down load individually or as a suite package.

Currently the Fire HD 10 is priced at $150 for 32gb storage. (Other option is 64gb ... and/or adding a microsd card).

Just another option to consider.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post