SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Oregon Governor’s Race ??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oregon Governor’s Race ?? Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
https://hotair.com/archives/20...overnors-race-grabs/

Cook Political Report shifted their prediction for the Oregon gubernatorial race from “lean democrat” to “toss up” Tuesday.

Although Oregon is a deep-blue state, incumbent Gov. Kate Brown (D) has faced a stern challenge from Rep. Knute Buehler (R).

A poll released Tuesday gave her a 40 to 35 percent lead, with 17 percent of voters remaining undecided.

Putting this race in the toss-up category might seem a bit premature because Brown is still holding a five-point lead in the polling average. But we’re talking about five points in a race where 17 percent of the voters are still saying they are undecided barely three weeks out. And that’s in a state where Democrats hold a 36-26 registration advantage. Brown should be solidly above water at this point but she’s clearly lost her popular support.

Perhaps a bigger factor here is a general sense of unease over the direction Oregon’s social justice government agenda has taken. The news must be full of stories of how traffic in Portland has been directed by Antifa thugs who appear to be running the city. Their liberal policies have led to a homelessness problem that’s simply spiraled out of control. The city is in a nearly constant state of anarchy. Much of the blame is rightly being assigned to Mayor Wheeler, but keep in mind that Portland represents almost 1/4 of the population of the state.

this seems high, but a significant part of the state population is in the Portland metropolitan area

Such perceptions carry over to the Governor’s office and Oregon voters may be waking up to the reality that a government built on a social justice warrior agenda isn’t really doing much to keep the citizens safe or ensure the trains are running on time

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rep. Knute Buehler (R).

Only problem is Buehler has not been a friend of 2A.

So for those of us who vote only for 2A friends, there are none in this race.

Guess I'll vote for some 3rd party this time.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10922 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah yes. Good old Brown. Slid into place because her boss got popped and then elected to the position not based on her merits, but because she is gay..... er, I mean bi-sexual and a woman.

Not to mention she is married to a man, so she is also an adulterer when she gets her freak on with the ladies.

Believe she also has a couple kids who get to deal with moms "confusion"

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
Rep. Knute Buehler (R) is anti-gun, pro-choice, and pro-gay rights. Governor Brown (D) is anti-gun, pro-choice, and pro-gay rights.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
well at least there is this:

https://www.gazettetimes.com/o...04-4285f336f663.html

from a paper that endorsed him:

we're baffled by Buehler's wrongheaded endorsement of Measure 105 to repeal Oregon's 30-year-old sanctuary law, which blocks state and local law enforcement agencies from cooperating with federal immigration agents

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

would seem to be some benefit to voting out the incumbent DEM governor. But YMMV

more on Buehler:

https://www.opb.org/news/artic...-governor-2018-race/

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LimaCharlie:
Rep. Knute Buehler (R) is anti-gun, pro-choice, and pro-gay rights. Governor Brown (D) is anti-gun, pro-choice, and pro-gay rights.

And that is why he's polling so close to the incumbent. A candidate more to the right wouldn't even be in ballpark. I'm seeing Buehler as the lesser of two evils, if only by a slight margin. I was a little surprised to hear about his endorsement of Measure 105, but I'll take it!

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll vote for him w/o hesitation. Just getting an (R) in OR is a big win and poke in the eye for libs. Add to that Brown's horrid leadership and stance on the issues. She's as far left just about as they get.

A pro-gun libertarian leaning "perfect" candidate would be polling at 20%.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Rep. Knute Buehler (R).

Only problem is Buehler has not been a friend of 2A.

So for those of us who vote only for 2A friends, there are none in this race.

Guess I'll vote for some 3rd party this time.

A vote for Brown

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with the last three posts.

Third party, might as well vote Brown.

Buehler is a start. Guns and accessories are at risk no matter what.

Oregon is surrounded by CA and WA and running out of ammo.

OFF is trying to help as well as folks from east of the Cascades.

But if folks are waiting for Captain America to appear, we will lose sooner rather than later.

Get Knute in now. Apologize latter and have half a chance to stem the Blue tide overwhelming the good people of eastern Oregon.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure where this position that Buehler is anti-gun is coming from. While the Oregon Firearms Federation has ranked him as an F- there is no explanation as to why and Buehler has supported pro-gun legislation in the past. It is my understanding that OFF has ranked him solely on the basis of his vote on one bill last session, not on his entire voting history.

The NRA has Buehler ranked as a "B" candidate and if you read his voting record at the following link
https://www.oregonlive.com/pol...n_gun_control_9.html you will see that while he wouldn't be your perfect candidate on gun issues, he took positive positions on a number of bills.

You know what you're going to get with Kate, and none of it is good.

Posts: 270 | Location: Oregon | Registered: May 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
The once Great state of Oregon. How terrible for all those living outside of Portland, Eugene, and now Bend. Very sad. It's a shame.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19181 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe that Brown is the only candidate to receive money, and big money at that, from Bloombergs anti-gun organization.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marc1911:
I'm not sure where this position that Buehler is anti-gun is coming from. While the Oregon Firearms Federation has ranked him as an F- there is no explanation as to why and Buehler has supported pro-gun legislation in the past. It is my understanding that OFF has ranked him solely on the basis of his vote on one bill last session, not on his entire voting history.

The NRA has Buehler ranked as a "B" candidate and if you read his voting record at the following link
https://www.oregonlive.com/pol...n_gun_control_9.html you will see that while he wouldn't be your perfect candidate on gun issues, he took positive positions on a number of bills.

Quite simply, my info came from OFF, who rated Buehler an "F". That led me to my initial direction.

But based on your post and P228's post, I got my ballot today and already voted for Buehler.
My wife decided to do the same.

Congratulations, with your post here, you managed to get 2 more votes for Buehler. It would have taken knocking on quite a few doors to get the same result Smile

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10922 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Originally posted by Marc1911:

Quite simply, my info came from OFF, who rated Buehler an "F". That led me to my initial direction.

But based on your post and P228's post, I got my ballot today and already voted for Buehler.
My wife decided to do the same.

Congratulations, with your post here, you managed to get 2 more votes for Buehler. It would have taken knocking on quite a few doors to get the same result Smile

Thank you. I have worked with Buehler and his staff on a couple of issues and find him to be thoughtful and oriented towards evidence based solutions. I don't agree with him on all issues but then nobody would agree with me on all issues either.

He also sees the waste in state government and if elected I think you will see some changes. He is advocating for 'zero based budgeting' which is something that is needed. This would require each state agency to justify their entire budget needs each cycle, rather than using their current budget as a starting point and then adding on to it (you never see anybody advocating for a lower budget).

And Kate is a non-starter for me at so many levels. One of Kates top 3 initiatives for the 2019 session (if elected) is a gun control measure. She has it crafted and ready to go but isn't sharing it with anyone until after the election.

Posts: 270 | Location: Oregon | Registered: May 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post