SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Food O phobes. Weird food people
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Food O phobes. Weird food people Login/Join 
posted
I witnessed one of those people who can't allow their food to touch each other.
And
There is a sewer lady that can not eat anything green.

( She starts to gag)

Are you one of those people ? do you know one?

Not talking about allergy related people

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I cannot abide cooked onion unless it's fried, and I hate red, green, or yellow peppers.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a friend that can't eat green beans. He gags just looking at them. Been that way as far back as he can remember.

A friend's wife only eats foods that she hates when sick, because if she throws up after eating, she can't eat it ever again. I know, nuts....

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
I can't have my food touching on my plate, yeah I know once it gets where it's going it mixes up, but on my plate it has to be separated!

Archerman

Posts: 2483 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I grew up in a large family....you couldn't afford to worry about such things or the food would gone.

Posts: 1272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Beets. No matter how hungry I got at basic training, I wouldn't eat them. But I've never even tried them before, have no idea what they taste like. They just don't look appealing.

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are Eastern Iowans that believe sushi was sent from other planets to to disrupt any number of aspects of earth life.

From turning people asexual to chromosome realignment and d.n.a. reconfiguration.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
It rather bothers me when people ask if I've ever tried or would like to try or, how good something is and I should try it when, many things I just will never eat. Clams, oysters, crab, lobster, squid, veal, some pork, mushrooms. I got a very limited menu of foods I will injest. The rest is all just so weird.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I can’t eat rare steak or roast beef, it just skeeves me out.

Medium well is my comfort zone.

I once ate medium rare at a Brazilian steak house but I had to choke it down and didn’t enjoy it.

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I hate asparagus. I eat one kind of food at a time. I segregate my food.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I have a relative who will not eat anything still attached to a bone, nor any form of seafood.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
For me, it's Brussels Sprouts. They never smelled appetizing at all to me and they look like they will split open at some point and a mini face hugger will spring out and attach itself to a nearby face.

As a kid, I used to think I didn't like seafood. But it turns out I just don't like the form of 'fresh' available here, 350 miles from a seacoast. You live and learn.

The first really fantastic combo of things on a fork for me was authentic German fried potatoes, sweet and sour cabbage, and sauerkraut. God in heaven, I love that combo. Especially with a good Jägerschnitzel and hunter sauce.

Posts: 7250 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’m about the least picky guy I know. About the only thing I don’t care for is liver.

A bit out of date, a week in the fridge, it’s fine by me.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Pulpo en su tinto -- octopus in its own ink.

When I lived in Spain, this was a delicacy. Nope, not for me.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beef Tongue, my wife loves it & thinks it is a delicacy. She grew up in a large European city & has never been close to a cow. I will eat beef tongue, but I really just think of a nice milk cow sticking her tongue out. I like Brussel Sprouts, Asparagus, Liver & everything else except cooked Green Peas which are impossible to put in my mouth.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I do not like pimento cheese. Yes, I’ve tried it. No, I won’t like your regional brand or what your grandma made either.
I also learned from my ex wife that I do not care for artichoke hearts and feta cheese.
Alfredo sauce has always sounded good to me, but it turns out I don’t particularly care for it.

My food can touch each other on my plate, but I normally eat one thing at a time. Yes, it all goes to the same place, but there are no taste buds in my stomach. When I am eating steak, I want to enjoy the taste of the steak. When I am eating mashed potatoes, I want to enjoy the flavor of the mashed potatoes, and so forth through the meal.

Other than that, I’m pretty hard to miss come meal time.

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Gave it some thought and what comes to mind is parmesan cheese - I hate it.

Have always loved the Americanized Italian foods, but can't stand that parmesan smell if it is present.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I don't like boiled cucumbers.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Okra.

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
Green peppers trigger my reflux. When they are yellow or red, no problem.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4786 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post