SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    iPhone/ IPod question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iPhone/ IPod question Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted
So I’ve had an iPhone for about 10 years and I feel that I should know what I’m doing by now, by apparently I’m an I-idiot. So I got my 8 year old daughter an iPod Touch for her birthday the other day though when I went to start it up, I think it may have been a mistake to use my phone to airlink it or whatever you’d call it because it sent a bunch of my stuff to it like my notes and reminders and phone book contacts.

Question is how do it get rid of it on the iPod but keep it on my iPhone? When I go to delete stuff on the iPod it says if I go through with it it will delete from “all Apple devices” and I don’t want that I just don’t want her having my info.

Not sure what to do to make her iPod just be an independent iPod? I can see her accidentally deleting my notes or texting my contacts on accident and I want to avoid this.

It made it seem like it needed all my information to set hers up though as it has to have some way to know who is getting charged and what card to use when downloading apps or music. I just would rather manage this manually and not share the information with her as again she is 8 and really I got it for her just to listen to music with and play some games/take pics.

Do I need to factory reset her iPod? Then can i indeed keep it separate from mine? Thanks as usual for any assistance guys and gals!

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cleanest way is to "factory Reset", but make sure you LOG OFF all your accounts FIRST on her device (otherwise there could be trouble later on) Then you need to create her OWN apple ID cause you are actually setting it up NOT connected to you. Keep records of it, but you don't actually need to give her the password for it. You would then family share so you can pay from your own account for what she purchases. You can set it up so she can download all the free stuff she wants, but needs your approval to d/l paid stuff.

Good luck-

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
That makes sense thanks.

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
That worked. Thread can be closed thanks