SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Patriotic Tribute...The American Rodeo (Why I Stand). Honor our Flag and Anthem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Patriotic Tribute...The American Rodeo (Why I Stand). Honor our Flag and Anthem Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted

A pensive reminder on the heels of Pearl Harbor Day. God BLESS America!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Sweet -- I stand with you and all those in the video.

Tinyman

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your post.

Salute to America and what it really stands for.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Well done. (Things are a little blurry now. . . .)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Most excellent. I stand for our flag, our country, our anthem, our history and for all those past, present and future that serve our great nation. With extra distinction for those that gave or will give all.

God Bless America

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Very well said and let us not forget why our flag is still flying . GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS be they PAST/ PRESENT/ FUTURE.........drill sgt.

Posts: 2006 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The announcer at our local rodeo says when the flag is displayed by a rider as they ride around the infield: "Cowboys don't kneel" as EVERYONE stands and puts their hand over their heart.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Well done. (Things are a little blurry now. . . .)

flashguy

Things are a lot blurry right now. I am reminded of the 7 close buddies that were sent to Viet Nam, 5 of whom never came home. I was one of the 8 who were ordered to be ready to go to Viet Nam with 24 hour notice. Of the 7 that went, 5 never came home.

Yes, I stand for the anthem, and I salute the flag rather than the hand over the heart.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. Thanks for posting, erj_pilot

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never get tired of seeing that video. Thanks for posting. One of the greatest sights you can ever see is a rider "posting the colors" in a rodeo arena. Then seeing the response of a group of cowboys as they rise and pay their respect to the flag as the rider slowly rides around the arena. Then the rider will stop (and if inside a spotlight will shine on the rider) and you can hear pin drop because everyone knows that the announcer is about to ask everyone to join in singing the National Anthem.

I have never seen a group of people that show more respect God and Country than cowboys in general.

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 726 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
Things are a lot blurry right now.
Yup...danged allergies kicked in, too.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I stand because I have phasmophobia.

Why phasmophobia?

I see a small possibility that should I not respond appropriately to my flag or national anthem, the ghosts of my father, mother, grandparents, great grandparents, or great- great grandparents will arise from the phlogiston and smite me.

But what has a real gripe on me in my phasmophobia is Mr. Sweeney, my high school government teacher and the varsity basketball coach.

If his ghost saw me failing to pay appropriate honors to him, faculty member, other adult, our flag, or the alter (it was a Catholic high school) and his ghost would arise and bellow:

Mr. SIG2340, ASSUME THE POSITION!

NOW BEAR CRAWL!!

I SAID BEAR CRAWL!!!

WHEN JESUS RETURNS... DON'T STOP!!!!

And I'd be all:

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stand, ALWAYS.

This pic was taken a few years ago while my son was still in college. He was the commander of the ROTC Color Guard at the University of Arkansas. I first saw the pic and video on ESPN.

My son, now a 2nd Lt, was furious.

Posts: 1065 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
As most here have probably figured out by now, I am not an American. Nevertheless, I unfailingly pay my respects at every occasion where the flag is raised or lowered. When the national anthem is being played I stand still, remove my hat, and hold it over my heart. It isn't MY America, but I'm very grateful every day that it is still YOUR America.

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
THAT is what makes you a welcomed citizen, tac!! God bless you for realizing what you have!!

SW-Sig...the phukk-tard kneelers in that pic should have been duly rifle-butted with EXTREME prejudice when the Anthem stopped. And the coach of that team? Doesn't have a hair on his/her privates if he/she allowed that thankless, no-good, uneducated, kneeling SCUM to stay on the team. Worthless POS's... Mad Mad

Too bad Longbow_06 has been banned. He could pipe up and tell me how they have "the right" to do that. "lol"......NOT!!! Mad Mad

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
As most here have probably figured out by now, I am not an American. Nevertheless, I unfailingly pay my respects at every occasion where the flag is raised or lowered. When the national anthem is being played I stand still, remove my hat, and hold it over my heart. It isn't MY America, but I'm very grateful every day that it is still YOUR America.

Since America is based on a set of ideals and beliefs, rather than ethnicity or accident of birth, and the full embracing thereof, tacfoley, you are more American than tens of millions of fools that live here and claim citizenship.

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by tacfoley:

Since America is based on an a set of ideals and beliefs rather than ethnicity or accident of birth, and the full embracing thereof, tacfoley, you are more American than tens of millions of fools that live here and claim citizenship.[QUOTE]

I thank you, Sir, deeply.

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The coach, athletic director, and chancellor said that although they always stand, the players had a right to kneel.

The many state legislature Threatened to pull their scholarships.

My son refused to participate in any more of their games that season, 2016.

The next weekend, the team was holding a basketball camp for children. No children showed up.

They kneelers later apologized.

Posts: 1065 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:
The kneelers later apologized.
Only because they "got caught" and they were probably VERY strongly encouraged to do so. I'm sure apologizing NEVER crossed anyone of those SCUM's minds until told to do so...

Please salute and and shake your son's hand for me. Thank him for his service and thank you for YOUR service to, as his support!