SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Im Bubbatime, and I am a Surefire-aholic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Im Bubbatime, and I am a Surefire-aholic Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
These are new, just released lights from Surefire. I just had to have them. Like a junky, the draw was too much. All three are non-clicky lights, just as John Moses Browning intended them.

EDCL1-T ... Single 123 battery, 5 lumens on low, 500 lumens on high, gas pedal tailcap (light press for low, hard press for high like the old Surefire A2 aviator)

Tactitian E2T-MV... two 123 batteries, 5 lumens on low (loosen the head to get to low, tighten the head to get to high), 800 lumens on high, single mode tailcap (press for on, let go for off). New MaxVision beam is an incredible flood light. I have never seen so much light, in close quarters, in such a small package. Its crazy. Its probably the ideal SWAT or police handheld entry light.

EDCL2-T... two 123 batteries, 5 lumens on low, 1200 lumens on high, gas pedal tailcap.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
That tactician looks awesome! I think I'll pick one up as soon as they get their inventory back up.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Are they voltage regulated to use combinations of rechargeable batteries yet?

I use 18650 batteries, 16340 (aka rechargeable RCR123A) and 18350 IMR batteries.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Are they voltage regulated to use combinations of rechargeable batteries yet?

I use 18650 batteries, 16340 (aka rechargeable RCR123A) and 18350 IMR batteries.

When surefire finally gets a clue I will start buying them again...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
So that means no, right?

Disappointing.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I bought so many surefires that I had to start buying streamlight.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12717 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
16650 rechargeable batteries (3.7V, same size as two 123) work fine in the two cell lights. Brightness appears the same. I'm not brave enough to try the over-voltage 3.7V rechargeables in the single cell light. You MIGHT have to use unprotected 16650 cells in the 1200 lumen light as it draws a ridiculous current and might trip the protection circuit. I haven't tested that yet.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
16650 rechargeable batteries (3.7V, same size as two 123) work fine in the two cell lights. Brightness appears the same. I'm not brave enough to try the over-voltage 3.7V rechargeables in the single cell light. You MIGHT have to use unprotected 16650 cells in the 1200 lumen light as it draws a ridiculous current and might trip the protection circuit. I haven't tested that yet.

Do you have runtime data on 16650's yet?

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Have you had any reliability issues with your newer Surefires? I'm a long time SureFire fan, but I've been put off with them lately as my last two (E2D LED Defender and E2B Backup) have been the most unreliable lights I've ever owned. My old LX2 is still the best light of all time as far as I'm concerned, but my recent experiences have really shaken my confidence in SureFire.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the specs on the E2T, I hope the floodier beam trend continues, it’s great for HD and civilian carry roles.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
Have you had any reliability issues with your newer Surefires? I'm a long time SureFire fan, but I've been put off with them lately as my last two (E2D LED Defender and E2B Backup) have been the most unreliable lights I've ever owned. My old LX2 is still the best light of all time as far as I'm concerned, but my recent experiences have really shaken my confidence in SureFire.

just curious, what issues have you had with he 2 cell backup lights? I have one too and just got the EDCL2-T as the OP as well..

9/11/01 Never Forget

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig 226:
quote:

just curious, what issues have you had with he 2 cell backup lights? I have one too and just got the EDCL2-T as the OP as well..

My E2B is just a little flaky. It seems like any time I pick it up after it sits for a while it doesn't want to engage high mode. If I give it a couple of shakes and twist the tailcap back and forth a couple of times it works fine until I put it down again for a while. That particular UI is my absolute favorite, and I've had 2 LX2s that were perfect, but something is just a little off about this one.

My E2D LED Defender however is completely useless. Since I got it it has always had trouble properly switching between low and high modes, and dropping out of high mode. If I shake it or smack it while it's on, it will switch modes. More recently, it just doesn't want to go into high mode at all no matter what I do. I've spoken with SureFire twice, and both times they told me to clean the contacts, which doesn't help at all. It really needs to go back to them likely for replacement. I've honestly just been too lazy to push the issue as I have many other (much cheaper) lights that work perfectly every time.

On another note, post a review of that EDCL2-T when you get it, that looks like an awesome light. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to resist getting one myself.

"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

My E2B is just a little flaky. It seems like any time I pick it up after it sits for a while it doesn't want to engage high mode. If I give it a couple of shakes and twist the tailcap back and forth a couple of times it works fine until I put it down again for a while. That particular UI is my absolute favorite, and I've had 2 LX2s that were perfect, but something is just a little off about this one.

My E2D LED Defender however is completely useless. Since I got it it has always had trouble properly switching between low and high modes, and dropping out of high mode. If I shake it or smack it while it's on, it will switch modes. More recently, it just doesn't want to go into high mode at all no matter what I do. I've spoken with SureFire twice, and both times they told me to clean the contacts, which doesn't help at all. It really needs to go back to them likely for replacement. I've honestly just been too lazy to push the issue as I have many other (much cheaper) lights that work perfectly every time.

On another note, post a review of that EDCL2-T when you get it, that looks like an awesome light. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to resist getting one myself.

Sorry to hear about your quality issues. Have you tried contacting SF and RMA both of them? Given the price, I would send them back for warranty review. I've had good luck with SF and warranty work the one time I needed. Some advice, call them dont use email.

I havent had much time to play with it so not much of a review. However, there's a long thread on CPF I can offer you.

CPF Link http://www.candlepowerforums.c...979-SUREFIRE-EDCL-2T

9/11/01 Never Forget

Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sorry to hear about your quality issues. Have you tried contacting SF and RMA both of them? Given the price, I would send them back for warranty review. I've had good luck with SF and warranty work the one time I needed. Some advice, call them dont use email.

I havent had much time to play with it so not much of a review. However, there's a long thread on CPF I can offer you.

CPF Link http://www.candlepowerforums.c...979-SUREFIRE-EDCL-2T

I have heard good things about their CS, and it's really my fault because I haven't pushed to get them fixed. I emailed them twice, and both times got a less than satisfactory just clean the threads response. I've been too lazy to call them though, so that's on me.

Thank you for the links though, I'll read through those later. Seeing them return to the 2 stage tailcap has me excited enough to start looking at SureFires again.

Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
My EDCL2-T arrived Tuesday. The 5/1200 lumen beam is phenomenal - especially the bright setting. Replacing my LX2 (15/200 lumens) in my EDC gear. On the high beam setting it really produces a even, wide cone of light while having plenty of throw.

Michael

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Man, that EDCL2-T looks really long. Is that just the photos?

My primary light has been a new SureFire E1B-MV Backup, 400 / 5. Very lightweight with a great dual direction clip. Perfect for my carry light.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Just over 5 3/4”. I typically carry my light in a thigh pocket (Kuhl khaki’s or 5.11’s).

Michael

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdblanton:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Just over 5 3/4”. I typically carry my light in a thigh pocket (Kuhl khaki’s or 5.11’s).

Michael
Cool, I used to carry a Fenix PD35 (5.5") in a thigh pocket, so I can use how it's doable.

But for anyone wanting a shorter single cell light, I'm really liking the E1B-MV, as I can switch from pants to shorts with the same light, before I would switch from the PD35 to PD25 (which are both nice lights, BTW).

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I may have hold out on this one. Seems like they are only getting about 13k lux out of the light in that candlepowerforum thread. That seems to be significantly short of what Surefire claims, as well as veing a stwp bacj from previous generations of the light.