SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone know anything about the Suburu Crosstrek? Update Page 2, got one.
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Anyone know anything about the Suburu Crosstrek? Update Page 2, got one. Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Are you guys both driving the CVT models? I am curious as the manual has a lower mileage rating.

Frayedends, nice car. Do you feel like the premium is worth the increased price for what you get?


Yeah for me it was worth it. I wanted the 6 speakers instead of 4, although it's not a powerful sound system. The fog lights were the most important to me since I'm on a small mountain and it gets so foggy you can't see your hand. It also has heated seats, which I could live without being they are cloth. Also the transmission has manual mode with paddle shifters on the steering wheel. They basically lock the CVT into a gear. They say not to be used to slow down on hills but it's good for climbing my hill home. The few cosmetic things aren't a big deal, although the orange stitching on my seats is cool looking and I'm glad to have the cargo tray and cover. Here's a link to all the models options...

https://www.subaru.com/vehicle...ompare-wrapper-modal




These go to eleven.
 
Posts: 9960 | Location: Lancaster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
If you have connection issues syncing your phone. Call the dealer. It seems like anytime there is a phone update subaru has to come out with a hot fix for the head unit.

I am on the third update.

How do you like the eyesight package? I like it quite a bit. I like the foglighta coming on and off when cornering.
 
Posts: 5141 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
What a fine automobile. <3 I'm headed on a camping trip shortly in my 2008 Impreza wagon and will be loving the easy low cargo clearance (the truck is fun, safe, comfortable, but with only the tool box for gear, you're limited; climbing in and out of the high bed is also a factor). Too bad the car will last another 20 years, because I really want a new one.

If only for the "Windshield wiper de-icer and heated side mirrors (All-Weather Package)" Cool

And Books on CD would be better with more speakers.
 
Posts: 6777 | Location: Mid-Atlantic Region | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Sharp looking vehicle!

I love that those things have 8.7 inches of ground clearance.
 
Posts: 128 | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I don’t have the eyesight technology. That was in an option package. So the foglights are fixed. Haven’t had fog yet. The eyesight package also had lane assist and some brake assist thing that would stop me from tailgating slow assholes in the left lane. So I opted not to get it.

The cvt also has “x mode” for slippery or sloped conditions. That will come in handy in winter.

I haven’t noticed any issues with pickup and I can pass people just fine. A bit sluggish from a full stop but gets going fast. No worse than my Matrix was.




These go to eleven.
 
Posts: 9960 | Location: Lancaster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
I don’t have the eyesight technology. That was in an option package. So the foglights are fixed. Haven’t had fog yet. The eyesight package also had lane assist and some brake assist thing that would stop me from tailgating slow assholes in the left lane. So I opted not to get it.

The cvt also has “x mode” for slippery or sloped conditions. That will come in handy in winter.

I haven’t noticed any issues with pickup and I can pass people just fine. A bit sluggish from a full stop but gets going fast. No worse than my Matrix was.


The lane assist is always on by default till you turn it off. The brake assist has to be turned on
 
Posts: 5141 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
I don’t have the eyesight technology. That was in an option package. So the foglights are fixed. Haven’t had fog yet. The eyesight package also had lane assist and some brake assist thing that would stop me from tailgating slow assholes in the left lane. So I opted not to get it.

The cvt also has “x mode” for slippery or sloped conditions. That will come in handy in winter.

I haven’t noticed any issues with pickup and I can pass people just fine. A bit sluggish from a full stop but gets going fast. No worse than my Matrix was.


The lane assist is always on by default till you turn it off. The brake assist has to be turned on


That’s not horrible. But I saved $1300 by skipping that option.




These go to eleven.
 
Posts: 9960 | Location: Lancaster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Make sure you get a jug of the blue coolant to keep the tank topped off. Mixing other stuff is not recommended. If you do your own oil changes stock up on filters and crush washers. Aftermarket filters typically have different bypass pressure ratings. Other than that, drive and enjoy!
 
Posts: 15309 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Make sure you get a jug of the blue coolant to keep the tank topped off. Mixing other stuff is not recommended. If you do your own oil changes stock up on filters and crush washers. Aftermarket filters typically have different bypass pressure ratings. Other than that, drive and enjoy!


Okay so I know nothing about blue coolant. Assuming it's some suburu thing. For oil filters, are you saying I should get OEM and keep a bunch because I may have a hard time finding the right ones?

The only other thing I need to get info on is changing brake pads. It has antilock, and some X-Mode system that automatically keeps it low gear and may adjust brakes when on inclines. I'm wondering if I need to do anything to reset them after I compress the calipers. I suppose I can google that. But I do oil and brakes on my cars. Glad this thing has 4 wheel disc. Also glad the oil filter is topside.




These go to eleven.
 
Posts: 9960 | Location: Lancaster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Make sure you get a jug of the blue coolant to keep the tank topped off. Mixing other stuff is not recommended. If you do your own oil changes stock up on filters and crush washers. Aftermarket filters typically have different bypass pressure ratings. Other than that, drive and enjoy!


Subaru blue super coolant that comes with the vehicle is supposed to have a 100,000+ mile life on it, if you don't mix other coolant with it.

Use OEM oil filters. You don't have to keep them stocked, as they're easy enough to order online, but stick with the OEM filters.

Engine and cabin air filters can be cheaply had online (I use Amazon).



Okay so I know nothing about blue coolant. Assuming it's some suburu thing. For oil filters, are you saying I should get OEM and keep a bunch because I may have a hard time finding the right ones?

The only other thing I need to get info on is changing brake pads. It has antilock, and some X-Mode system that automatically keeps it low gear and may adjust brakes when on inclines. I'm wondering if I need to do anything to reset them after I compress the calipers. I suppose I can google that. But I do oil and brakes on my cars. Glad this thing has 4 wheel disc. Also glad the oil filter is topside.
 
Posts: 10728 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Make sure you get a jug of the blue coolant to keep the tank topped off. Mixing other stuff is not recommended. If you do your own oil changes stock up on filters and crush washers. Aftermarket filters typically have different bypass pressure ratings. Other than that, drive and enjoy!


Subaru blue super coolant that comes with the vehicle is supposed to have a 100,000+ mile life on it, if you don't mix other coolant with it.

Use OEM oil filters. You don't have to keep them stocked, as they're easy enough to order online, but stick with the OEM filters.

Engine and cabin air filters can be cheaply had online (I use Amazon).



Okay so I know nothing about blue coolant. Assuming it's some suburu thing. For oil filters, are you saying I should get OEM and keep a bunch because I may have a hard time finding the right ones?

The only other thing I need to get info on is changing brake pads. It has antilock, and some X-Mode system that automatically keeps it low gear and may adjust brakes when on inclines. I'm wondering if I need to do anything to reset them after I compress the calipers. I suppose I can google that. But I do oil and brakes on my cars. Glad this thing has 4 wheel disc. Also glad the oil filter is topside.


Thanks! I somehow missed your reply until now.




These go to eleven.
 
Posts: 9960 | Location: Lancaster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone know anything about the Suburu Crosstrek? Update Page 2, got one.

© SIGforum 2019