SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Mexico - Good guy w/gun stops bad guy w/gun - saves mom and girl
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Mexico - Good guy w/gun stops bad guy w/gun - saves mom and girl Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r79iJdQ1f8c

----------------

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Albuquerque Police are calling one man a hero after he opened fire in the middle of a busy intersection Sunday evening, breaking up and preventing a possible double homicide.

Monday night, APD released new details about the gunfight that broke out Sunday in the middle of Gibson, near Yale.

Officer Simon Drobik said around 5 p.m., a woman was driving her daughter to the airport when her estranged husband, Qian Ming, 66, intentionally crashed his truck into hers.

According to APD, Ming then got out of his vehicle and fired a couple of rounds into the wife’s truck, striking his daughter on the shoulder.

At that time, Officer Drobik said a 34-year-old Good Samaritan pulled up to what he thought was a crash. He witnessed Ming beating his daughter with a gun in the middle of the street.

“Once he started walking up, he saw that there was a male violently pistol-whipping a female in the street,” Officer Drobik said. “He got out of his vehicle and had his firearm on him and told that male to stop.”

That’s when the Good Samaritan, who is not being named at this time because he’s currently not facing any charges, told police Ming pointed the gun in his direction.

Police say the man then fired at least one shot, hitting and killing Ming.

“Mom in the hospital said, ‘He saved our lives,'” Officer Drobik said. “You can’t get a stronger statement than that. So she knew it. Daughter knows it and good thing he took that type of action.”

Officers did detain the man for questioning. He was released later that night. Officer Drobik said the man is a 12-year veteran of the National Guard.

Police did not say if the reason Ming’s estranged wife and daughter were headed to the airport was to get away from him.

The daughter is still in the hospital but is expected to be okay.

link

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Thanks. We won’t be seeing this in AP News.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ummm....intentionally crashing your into another vehicle, shooting one of the occupants, and violently pistol whipping the other occupant is NOT a domestic dispute - it's attempted murder.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Ummm....intentionally crashing your into another vehicle, shooting one of the occupants, and violently pistol whipping the other occupant is NOT a domestic dispute - it's attempted murder.

Depends on your perspective. I mean, some people think domestic terrorism is workplace violence...

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
High marks for the actions of the good samaritan. While mother and daughter are now safe it is tragic that it took these events to make it so. All are affected, including the good guy. Best wishes for those involved.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2008 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Nice shot

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I work very close to where this happened. Sounds like a good shoot.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:

Immmm, yeah it is. If it has a domestic relationship, that makes it domestic. If the article is correct, this was domestic related.

And it really matters not. The assault and shooting of the daughter was exceptionally cleared.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
One dumb shit taking a dirt nap?

I love a happy ending!

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I'd start sending in more money to the NRA if they made commercials about these actions and the events they report in the 'The Armed Citizen' columns in their magazines. The average citizen doesn't hear enough of these actions by legally armed people.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Depends on your perspective. I mean, some people think feel domestic terrorism is workplace violence...
FIFY These types of people exercise little that could be considered 'thought'.

Good for the good Samaritan. He may very well have saved the lives of two people.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Indeed...one shot fired, perp DRT. Nice shot placement. Kudos, brother. Nerves of steel.

Just hope the mom and daughter can get over the injuries and trauma they suffered, but their lives go on and will be much better from now on I think.

quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
One dumb shit taking a dirt nap?

I love a happy ending!

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really want to start saving these articles for future discussion with the liberals who think if good people give up their guns, so will the criminals.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Death to MING!!!!

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
Ming die nasty.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2078 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Death to MING!!!!

Nicely done!

Posts: 2950 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting. I love a happy ending.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did not hear this on NPR; fake news. Roll Eyes

Posts: 516 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onegeek:
I did not hear this on NPR; fake news. Roll Eyes
If NPR did carry the story it would be headlined:
"Racist With Gun Murders Immigrant in Front of His Family"

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2078 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post