SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Remington calendar in my doctor's exam room.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington calendar in my doctor's exam room. Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
Sitting in the exam room right now and just realized he has a "Remington" calendar on the wall. Nice to see.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
love it!
It's a nice change from the PC crowd

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
It's a trap. It's designed to get you talking about guns, at which point, well, you know.

Posts: 3493 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
It's a trap. It's designed to get you talking about guns, at which point, well, you know.

I've made acquaintances (friendships?) with respected MDs based upon our mutual appreciation for the 2nd Amendment and love of shooting sports. Geez, maybe they're just liars, out to entrapment me and part of the conspiracy!!!! Eek

Big Grin

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
^^^^:
That's not uncommon where I live. Not just doctors, but judges and lawyers too.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I went to a new doctor for a consultation.

I did not realize that he was going to ask me to drop my drawers, so I had my P228 holstered on my belt.

When he asked me to lower my shorts and bend over, I tried to cover up what I was doing when I took the holster off.

The doc leaned over, looked, and said, "What's that? A SIG? I carry an H&K."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I hope he isn't a Remington creditor. Wink

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe remember him at Christmas with one from Dillon Precession, in Scottsdale.
Smile

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
My primary doctor has guns and is a hunter.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Yep, my primary care doctor is just a good old country boy, has gun magazines in the waiting area. He likes to hunt and shoot and hated our last president. He doesn't belong to the AMA and I hope he never retires, but he is older than me so it may happen.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I used to put American Rifleman in the exam rooms. Met some great folks that way.
Also enjoyed working in the VA hospital, those guys had great stories.
Unfortunately some of my favorite patients were ones I lost.
Then there was the deputy sheriff who taught pistol shooting at the CHP Academy; he was going to teach me to shoot. Got him through his heart surgery, but some time later had to tell him he had Parkinson’s. Great guy, one of my first patients after training.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
My doc is a county trap and skeet shooter. Lotsa medals kind of guy.

If the stickers in his rear window are anything to go by, he's a Perazzi AND Krieghoff lover.

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I went to a new doctor for a consultation.

I did not realize that he was going to ask me to drop my drawers, so I had my P228 holstered on my belt.

When he asked me to lower my shorts and bend over, I tried to cover up what I was doing when I took the holster off.

The doc leaned over, looked, and said, "What's that? A SIG? I carry an H&K."

Similar to the time I was driving my date home and got pulled over by a cop. I choose to tell a cop that I'm carrying, but my date didn't know I carried until that point. Fortunately for me she actually appreciated it instead of getting spooked by the big, scary 642 in my waistband.

We believe arming our fellow Americans – both physically and philosophically – helps them fulfill our Founding Fathers' intent with the Second Amendment: To serve as a check on state power.

Posts: 277 | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
^^^^:
That's not uncommon where I live. Not just doctors, but judges and lawyers too.

Clearly you don't live in CA. Smile

In Silicon Valley (unless things changed in the last couple of years) retired LEO's are not allowed to carry.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
My dentist is a gun guy, we started talking (as well as one can with their mouth open and dental picks poking around inside) and he has several SIG's. I brought him a SIG patch on a visit - he really liked it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post