SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rock Auto and FedEx win today!!!!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rock Auto and FedEx win today!!!!!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Ordered yesterday and chose the cheapest shipping option at $11.99.!!!!!!!!!
Booom, arrived today!!!!!!!!!

Too bad my parts for the custom wiring harness are a little behind! Might get lucky and have the harness by the end of next week.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Judging by the amount of exclamation points in this thread, I take it you are pleased Razz

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I placed a rockauto order last Friday and they delivered on Sunday, even with the cheapest shipping option. I was impressed!

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rockauto must a favorite brother who runs their shipping department. Always quick shipping.

P229

Posts: 3809 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Love Rockauto!! Get most of my parts from there and FCP Euro. Avoid ECS Tuning like the plague. They are 35 mins from my house and I still can’t get stuff delivered or picked up.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^FCP Euro is DEFINITELY another stellar performer here! I've always impressed that their FREE shipping option (obviously the cheapest!) always arrives via Ground UPS, and always seems to ship the same day I place the order anyway! That, and their website is particularly AWESOME as well, making detailed comparisons of the OE, OEM and aftermarket parts EXTREMELY Easy! I've been buying ALL of my auto parts there since they were FCP Groton....And it's a WAY Better experience than the Volvo dealer!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Love Rockauto!! Get most of my parts from there and FCP Euro. Avoid ECS Tuning like the plague. They are 35 mins from my house and I still can’t get stuff delivered or picked up.

I used ECS a lot back in the day when I had my Audi. Of course that was way back when weeks to get something delivered was the norm.

————————————————

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I bought headlights for my car from Rock. Website ease of use (the parts chain stores here should take note of this), quality of product, communication, shipping, all right on the money. I'd use them again.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I bought headlights for my car from Rock. Website ease of use (the parts chain stores here should take note of this), quality of product, communication, shipping, all right on the money. I'd use them again.

That is what I got.
Toyota OEM are $290 each from the dealer. RockAuto had TYC brand which are supposed to be the best aftermarket reproduction brand there is and supposedly make a lot of OEM housings.
They were $175 each. Figured I would give them a shot. They appear to be very well built and wired well.
I bought the full LED headlights from the newer trucks so have to have a custom harness so everything work as it should.
Fella is out of OEM connectors and hopes to have them at the end of the week.

————————————————

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
TYC is also what I got. For my 2009 Corolla $107 OTD, with bulbs even. They throw a better beam than the original.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Ordered yesterday and chose the cheapest shipping option at $11.99.!!!!!!!!!
Booom, arrived today!!!!!!!!!

Too bad my parts for the custom wiring harness are a little behind! Might get lucky and have the harness by the end of next week.

<sarcasm>The only thing I see wrong is they should have hid the box under the welcome mate</sarcasm>

In all seriousness, rock auto is GTG - I used them darn near exclusively in overhauling my last Jeep and they were essential. Now FedEx on the other hand, well they get more right than wrong... and in their favor, they are not the USPS

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Have used Rock Auto for years
As a caution, my only suggestion would be that you make sure 1000% of what you are ordering is correct
While ordering, shipping, is great, returns are a bitch
Everything is handled online
No human interface, otherwise gtg.

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Not a home mechanic, myself, so have never used it. Garage Squad on TV orders all their parts from them.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I have spent lots of money with Rock Auto.
I have my vehicles saved on their site and every few months they will send an email with all the close out parts they have for that model.
I have got some silly deals.

I got Motorcraft (Ford OEM) Spark plug wires for my turbo motor Mustang for $8.50 usually like $40.

Don’t recall shipping ever being that quick. Price for that size box is silly cheap.
Toyota wanted $68 for shipping the headlights.

————————————————

The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Wow. The delivery guy took delivered to your door very seriously.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Just placed an order minutes ago, also $11.99 FedEx Ground. And I just found out my new BMW takes the same oil filter as Mrs. Lee's old one. So that's a two-fer.

I had a return with them a year ago. I absolutely ordered the right part and it didn't come close to fitting. I sent them a photo of their part next to the factory one and they sent me a return label. It was no problem.

Posts: 3493 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post