SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2 yrs ago my Dad left us all

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
2 yrs ago my Dad left us all Login/Join 
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted
The most important and influential man in my life left me 2 years ago today. Im not a mess as last year. Time has allowed me to heal. All is good. I have my moments, but not like a year ago. I truly feel for anyone who has lost a loving parent. Thanks guys, sigguy (the 1st) Dad & Mom on their wedding Day.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5295 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Report This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
its good to remember

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Report This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your Dads passing Sigguy, its a painful thing. Much like yourself I have pleasant memories of my Dad as well. I guess thats all we can hope for. Take care.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7503 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Cherish the memories.....

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1526 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BGULL:
Cherish the memories.....

Imagine what it was like before photographs. After a number of years, one likely would forget what their loved ones even looked like. How thin must those memories have been. What a blessing something as common as photography has been.

Sorry for your dad's passing, Sigguy. Your parents sure look happy in that photo.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
It is hard to believe it has been 2 years already. I remember your tribute to him. A great American.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Report This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
What a great picture of them. Not a process I'm looking forward to but looming over our family and almost came to fruition many times. Each day is a blessing.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. The bride is a dead ringer for my aunt in her younger years!

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Report This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
My dad left us all behind on November 5th, 1971.

Not a day goes by that I don't think of him and remember things we did together.

He's alive, in my head.

tac

Posts: 11316 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Report This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... great memories to keep and cherish.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The nurse across the street found out about her husband and a much younger gal,
so he is gone,
they had four kids together , two in middle school two in grade school.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post