SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Be Glad We Had Bubba in Houston
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Be Glad We Had Bubba in Houston Login/Join 
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
^^^I love it.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good stuff!

------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
Kind of sappy bullshit if you ask me.

Someone is acknowledging kind works, and saying thank you in a public way. As the imperfect press goes, this is welcome. PLenty of other places to be cynical.

I was right there with you until all the bullshit about poor credit, unappreciated lifestyle, declining places to ride his fourwheeler Roll Eyes This writer wasn't acknowledging anything but a bunch of stereotypes in an effort to make some point about the declining position of the blue collar guy. If the writer knew anything about the people in those camo waders he is trying to pigeon hole he wouldn't have sounded like an ignorant condescending asshole in the process.

Perhaps the author was using metaphor in writing the article. I don't believe anyone thought that all the volunteers were exactly as described in the story. But thanks for bringing it to our attention. And tinkling in the whiskey barrel.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I always said if the US had leaked in 2002 that the same folks responsible for the death Dale Earnhardt were the same folks responsible for 9/11, the war on terror may have been over a lot quicker

Literally hundreds of thousands of bass boats headed east with the whispered mantra between all of them

"Those motherfuckers killed Dale."

quote:
Originally posted by XinTX:

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Bubbas come in all types. You've got Louisiana Bubbas, Texas Bubbas, Georgia Bubbas, Virginia Bubbas, and I heard there are Bubbas in the Northeast as well. I used to shoot sporting with some Bubbas, they were multi-millionaire entrepreneurs and developers. But they were still Bubbas. I have the greatest respect for real people, and Bubbas are some of the most real people you will ever meet. God Bless them all, particularly all the Bubbas in Texas right now.

And Bubbas could kick Lil Kim's ass into the next afterlife in hell, we got lots of really great Bubbas in our Services. The scariest Bubba on earth, however, is a United States Marine Corps Bubba. My best friend is a retired US Marine, and is half Bubba, and is the toughest man I know closely. And he's only half Bubba, imagine if he was full-blooded Bubba. Mess with a US Marine, particularly a partial or full-blooded Bubba, and you're messin with a wildcat.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8679 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Here I am

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post