SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Plane crash: was this a Cessna Citation?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Plane crash: was this a Cessna Citation? Login/Join 
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted
https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46375...-own-home-police-say

https://www.sltrib.com/news/20...t-killed-when-plane/

Obviously this man had issues. Fortunately the wife and son from a previous marriage escaped without injuries.

Can anyone tell if the plane was a Cessna Citation? There is at least one engine nacelle in some of the photos. To me it looks like the plane hit a vehicle in the driveway, but not the house.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Gulfstream

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Top Gun Supply
posted Hide Post
Citation Jet C-525.

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor

Posts: 10339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Wow, is insurance likely to cover the owner of the plane?

come and take it
posted Hide Post
CBSnew.com says Cessna Citation 525.

It's getting a little crazy this week with people crashing their employers airplanes on purpose!

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1887 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Dang, big bad wolf couldn't get through the bricks.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34107 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Was it his employer's? Local news said he had permission to "borrow" the aircraft.

If he clipped a neighbor's house or shed, maybe that contact forced the trajectory into the ground? I doubt he would have missed the house otherwise.

come and take it
posted Hide Post
CBS said he was a pilot and it was his employers airplane.

An airplane site says the plane was owned by Vancon Holdings. I googled that and it is a construction company in Springville, UT.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1887 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
Wow, is insurance likely to cover the owner of the plane?

I haven't read an aircraft insurance policy so beats me.

On the house side of things, "intentional acts" are excluded so the repairs to his home may be denied unless the state has a provision where an innocent spouse can get coverage. If there is a mortgage, the bank can file a claim up to the balance owed (their "interest" in the property).

The neighbor's house that got clipped would be straight up covered.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vic40204
posted Hide Post
That's a hell of a way to get out of paying alimony.

Vic Johnson

Posts: 798 | Location: Augusta, Georgia. | Registered: February 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Doesn't look like all that much damage to the house

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm.... Looks like someone tuned him up during or before the Domestic Violence pinch.
And where I worked, no bail until you meet the Judge.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

It seems to me the damage to the house was done by fire, not impact. If a vehicle hit the front of the house going 60 mph there would have been more damage than shown in the photos. A jet aircraft could have demolished the house if it had it. It must have hit the ground.

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Hmmm.... Looks like someone tuned him up during or before the Domestic Violence pinch.
And where I worked, no bail until you meet the Judge.
not here in Utah. He is released and issued a no contact order at jail. He can't go home or call until he sees the judge or he violates the order and gets locked up again. Clearly he violated the no contact order.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cessna Citation 525

I know very little about small jet planes but I went up on the net and the first model of this many years ago reportedly had a new price of 2.8 million bucks and current models are shown around 9 million if that information is correct.

Posts: 1499 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A gulfstream (except a G150) is a lot bigger and a lot heavier and a lot faster than a Citation. The aircraft in those photos isn't very big and has straight wings; A Gulfstream does not.

The mishap aircraft, N526CP, was a 1995 Citation 525 belonging to Vancon Holdings.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

It seems to me the damage to the house was done by fire, not impact. If a vehicle hit the front of the house going 60 mph there would have been more damage than shown in the photos. A jet aircraft could have demolished the house if it had it. It must have hit the ground.

The jet is a lot heavier than a vehicle and was likely moving a lot faster. The Citation probably weighs 6-7,000 lbs empty. If it was airborne to hit the roof of the house across the street, it probably was traveling at least 90 mph.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cessna Citation 525

I thought for sure that T Tail was a Gulfstream.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
quote:
Cessna Citation 525

I thought for sure that T Tail was a Gulfstream.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post