SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Guiness Truck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guiness Truck Login/Join 
posted
Did I see Toucan Sam on the side of a Guiness truck? Sure looked like him. Or perhaps I've eaten too many Fruit Loops.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
It's the Guinness toucan

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bringing back some of their old advertising. They have cans with the parrot(or whatever bird it is) on it.

Posts: 4055 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I thought this was going to be a feel good story about a truck that cruised around the neighborhood on lazy summer nights handing out pints of Guiness....sigh...

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
toucan? Thought they sold them by the fourcan.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
We recently were in Dublin and toured Guinness. There is a section on their ad campaigns. The toucan was featured prominently.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Guiness has used a Toucan as their mascot on and off since 1935. (Other animals too, but the Toucan is the most popular.)

WW2 Guiness ad:

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd settle for a truck rolling around handing out bowls of Fruit Loops. Better yet, Fruit Loops and Guiness instead of milk. Anything to kill the taste of Guiness.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
I'd settle for a truck rolling around handing out bowls of Fruit Loops. Better yet, Fruit Loops and Guiness instead of milk. Anything to kill the taste of Guiness.

I find your appalling pedestrian palate disturbing. Big Grin Razz Wink

Now you guys have me wanting a Black & Tan.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guinness on tap is great stuff. One of my favorites. Young's Double Chocolate Stoudt is very good too - if you can find it.

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris42:
Guinness on tap is great stuff. One of my favorites. Young's Double Chocolate Stoudt is very good too - if you can find it.

I agree on both!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most recent is a turtle

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I love me some Guiness. The whole four pack deal piss' me off. Any one who does them.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
I'd enjoy twocans of Guiness.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post