SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good, preferably USA made propane generstor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good, preferably USA made propane generstor Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted
Portable, around 5k watts.

Who do we like?

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Central Maine Diesel was excellent in all respects when I bough my tri-fuel from them. They have quite a selection of different set ups.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Go with a dual fuel just in case.

I have this one. Only had to use it once so far, but was pleased with it's performance.

https://www.costco.com/Champio...oduct.100220385.html

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

I have this one. Only had to use it once so far, but was pleased with it's performance.

The dual fuel is in sale at Costco according to the mailer received Saturday.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
You might consider converting a gas unit to propane use. Here's one of several producers of conversion kits. Link
I'd try a conversion kit if natural gas was available or if we had a large propane storage tank.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:

The dual fuel is in sale at Costco according to the mailer received Saturday.

I saw the ad, think I might get one this weekend.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

What's the sound output like for this one? I've read the description twice but don't see a dB level.

*** edit***

Nevermind, found it. 74 dB. Pretty impressive for the price and output.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't own one but check out Winco generators. I am not sure if they are still made in the USA. They used to be.

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Champion. I have the larger version and it is great.

The electric start makes it easy for my wife if she needs to start it when I'm traveling

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Good suggestions so far.
I will say, I'm not really interested in a dual fuel. But of course, if the price is right....
In trying times I mainly see gasoline used For transportation (dirt bike, ATV, etc).

I have a 500 gallon propane tank with a wet line so I can fill tanks/bottles.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post