SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Made in USA products you like?
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Made in USA products you like? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
Recently broke my wifes favorite: Oxo Good Grips can opener on a can of Tuna Fish. (The shaft of the teeth bent cause I cranked it hard). Replaced with same, and also bought a 2nd opener made in the US by someone calling themselves EZ-DUZ-IT. The made in USA EZ-DUZ-IT outperforms the Chinese made "good Grips" and also costs less. Likely it will be the last can opener I ever buy. Performance measures for me were:

1st) How easy it is to clap it onto a can.
2nd) How easy and fast it is to turn the handle. The Oxo is marketed to arthritic folks, the EZ outperforms it and is much easier to turn the handle.
3rd) Needs to leave NO sharp edge so that the dog can directly lick and clean off any can I open.
4th) Apparent strength of build. The metal on the EZ is much thicker.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Black + decker tools,Cartman tool set.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
11 pages of stuff and only
30 links to the products by 25 people

Frown

whats up with that ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^ Use your DuckDuckGo fu.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
It takes just a few seconds, once you know the name of a product, to find it at your favorite retailer/online store/review site etc.

The best reason for no links, bendable, is that different people may want different info. You may want a link to the manufacturer’s website, where you can read the specs but can’t buy it. Others, may want a link to an online merchant like Amazon or Walmart where you can purchase the item, and still others may want to research reviews from trusted sites prior to purchase.

A long winded answer to basically say be happy that there are so many good US products, go buy what you’d like!

Posts: 2320 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
Waterloo fishing rods. Made in Texas.

https://www.waterloorods.com/

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I wonder where that can opener can be purchased?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder where that can opener can be purchased?
Clicky

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I just received my first pair of Texas Jeans. 100% American made and make me think of the old Levi's 517s I wore almost 50 years ago.

Always flying under the radar it seems, but Honor Defense makes 100% American guns. They proudly state on their home page (in big, bold letters): "Honor Defense single stack 9mm pistols are 100% American. Nothing is outsourced from another country or made by a foreign company."

Now, for the bad news: Several times I've noticed New Balance listed. Only a rare few NB shoes are made in the USA. I've spoken with NB reps often due to the work I do, and they admit that only about 25% of their shoes are ASSEMBLED in the USA. And those from imported materials. On their web site, if you look, you'll find:

quote:
MADE IN USA SNEAKERS
Manufactured in the US for over 75 years and representing a limited portion of our US sales. New Balance Made is a premium collection that contains a domestic value of 70% or greater.
(Emphasis mine).

Still, NB does more USA-based manufacturing/assembling than any other running/athletic shoe maker.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Lynskey , Litespeed, and Moots titanium bikes.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SOTAR
posted Hide Post
Made in Oregon

Bikes and Bike Parts

CO-MOTION Single and Tandem Bikes

BIKE FRIDAY Folding Bikes

Rolf Prima Bike Wheels

Chris King Bike Components

Coffee
Insomnia Coffee

Knives
Oaks Bottom Forge Oak's Bottom Forge is a small little forge. An old guy runs the place and teaches people how to forge knives over a charcoal fire kept hot by a blower made from an old vacuum cleaner. Basically the whole set up is built out of recycled items he built. The handles on the knives coming from there are nice. He himself doesn't make stuff any longer, just trains younger guys.

Kershaw - already mentioned

Leatherman

Wine: A lot too many to list
Beer: Too much to list

I'll post more, these are just the ones I've used. Except for Bike Friday that is.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SOTAR,

Posts: 1037 | Location: portland, OR | Registered: October 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SOTAR
posted Hide Post
More Made In Oregon Products.

Pendleton Blankets The blankets are made in Oregon and Washington, their other products not.

VersaMil Used by the US Navy from what I've heard.

Mak Grills Wood Pellet BBQ

Kershaw Some are made in the US.

Langlitz Leathers Motorcycle Leathers

Tillamook Cheese

Bob's Red Mill Food products, flour, beans, etc...

Keen Footware About 7% of their products are made in USA.

Purdy Paint Brushes and Rolls

Ferrum Technology Make Kitchen Knives, funny name for a knife company but nice knives none the less.

I've left out most of the food items except a few good ones.

Posts: 1037 | Location: portland, OR | Registered: October 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SOTAR
posted Hide Post
Rafting and Camping Stuff

Maravia White Water Rafts

Sotar White Water Rafts (no relation to me)

Wing Whitewater Rafts

Partner Steel They make folding camp stoves, that work all day, all night. Fold up a little larger than a breifcase and fit inside a 30mm Rocket Box.

Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
For sheets and towels I highly recommend Red Land Cotton, 100% made in USA from cotton grown on a family owned farm in Alabama.

https://www.redlandcotton.com/

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SOTAR
posted Hide Post
Super Lube Grease and Oils

With my first SIG I also got a 4 oz tube of
Multi-Use Synthetic Oil With Syncolon PTFE

It is a rare break action Italian SIG, the oil has kept the action looking and working very well for 10+ years and several thousand rounds.

posted Hide Post
Filson flannel shirts.

Posts: 989 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Hyperlite Mountain Gear

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
King Cage makes water bottle cages for bicycles... made in Durango, Colorado U.S.A. out of Titanium and Stainless Steel.

posted Hide Post
Surprisingly, both sets of Wagner brake pads I just put on my spare car were made in the USA.

The Monroe Quick Struts I also installed are marked as being assembled in the USA at least.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: M1Garandy,

Posts: 920 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Fracking. Not a particular brand, just that our country has become oil independent due to this technology.
And the leftists hate it. Bonus points for that.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post