SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Made in USA products you like?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Made in USA products you like? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
https://www.okabashi.com/

Okabashi shoes have been manufactured in Buford, Georgia since 1984. We are proud to be part of the less than 1% of shoes that are still made in the USA. Fast facts about Okabashi and our hometown of Buford, Georgia: We are located just 40 miles northeast of Atlanta, Georgia.

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Corelle plates & bowls

Smartwool socks
Allen Edmonds leather shoes and belts - expensive but the quality is there

All my favorite nylon/cordura belts are made in USA and reasonably priced: Bison Designs, Wilderness Tactical, Grip6...

Estwing hammers
Bondhus hex wrenches
Klenk Select-a-Bit ratcheting screwdrivers
Megapro ratcheting screwdrivers
honarable mention for Picquic multibit screwdrivers made in Canada

SABRE pepper spray
Kershaw makes many high-quality, made in USA pocket knives in the $30-50 range, e.g., Skyline, Leek, Scallion, Link, Dividend...

Precision Instruments torque wrenches, specifically their split beam models - once you use these, you'll wonder why you wasted so much time w/ twist-type, micrometer wrenches. Not cheap, but still significantly less expensive than comparable tool-truck torque wrenches.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: iron chef,

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trijicon sights
Federal ammo
Hormel SPAM (someone had to say it Smile

Posts: 3220 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bayouman
posted Hide Post
Any Black and Decker product

Bayouman
Never let the enemy pick the battle site.

Posts: 727 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana  | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Allen Edmonds shoes. Most of their "good" shoes are made in the US, but not all of their shoes are.

Danner Boots. Many are US made.

About half of Lucchese's boots. But the rest are Mexican made, and those Mexican boots are still hand-made, and very good.

Some Spyderco knives. Many, but check which ones.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Sausage-makers Samuel Ladany and Emil Reichl emigrated to the United States from Austria-Hungary in 1890. The occasion of the World's Fair/Columbian Exposition in 1893 brought the pair to Chicago, where their products sold successfully enough to convince them to remain in that city. Ladany and Reichl opened their first facility, adopting the name Vienna Company to emphasize its link with the Austrian city, which was considered by many at the time to be the capital of sausage-making. Sausages, along with other kosher delicatessen products, such as frankfurters, knockwurst, pickled corned beef, salami, and bologna, formed the early core of Vienna's line. These products were sold in a retail store at the front of their shop.

http://www.fundinguniverse.com...acturing-co-history/

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Associated Equipment battery chargers and other battery related equipment. You will pay once and cry once, but you will get a rugged USA made charger. One of their smallest chargers (9425, a benchtop model) is what I have. 20amp, smart charging, and weighing 23 pounds. They also have a good selection of heavier wheeled chargers.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bug soother repellent
https://simplysoothing.net/
and
Milk house candles
https://milkhousecandles.com/
and
Grundorf cases and racks
http://www.grundorf.com/index.php?type=products

and
Audio equipment
https://chandlerlimited.com/

Harper hand trucks : www.Harpertrucks.com

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SAS shoes - the name stands for San Antonio Shoe Co, where they are made. The US New Balance are good, wish they would bring back the model # 473. But the SAS, while a bit higher, are wonderful.

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
Corelle plates & bowls
<snip>

I like Corelle too, but I’m not certain that it’s made in USA nowadays.

I have two Corelle “Grab-It” bowls from when Dow Corning still owned the brand. They have Pyrex tops – great for making a small portion of Au Gratin potatoes in the oven. They also have flat bottoms, making them suitable for use on my ceramic cooktop.

Corelle Grab-It bowls are still sold, but they don’t come with Pyrex covers, and their bottoms have a circular ridge, making them unsuitable for my cooktop.

I also have four old Corelle coffee cups with “hook” handles that stack so neatly. That kind of cup isn’t available under the current (Chinese?) owner of the brand.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Gibson Guitars
Wilson Footballs

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Libbey Glass is still American made.

Lodge cast iron cookware.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34114 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Just our purchased Leatherman “SURGE” multi-tool. Packaging stamped Made in USA.

Posts: 1885 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I recently bought a Mystery Ranch pack.
Painfully expensive considering it cost more than 5 times what I paid for the one it replaced Eek (which was still doing it's job after 20 plus years). But this past week I wore it six days straight for many many miles, and am really happy with the quality thus far. Expensive for a reason. A few reasons. More and more I'm willing to pay... often a lot more, for US made products.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Corelle plates & bowls
<snip>

I have two Corelle “Grab-It” bowls from when Dow Corning still owned the brand. They have Pyrex tops – great for making a small portion of Au Gratin potatoes in the oven. They also have flat bottoms, making them suitable for use on my ceramic cooktop.

Corelle Grab-It bowls are still sold, but they don’t come with Pyrex covers, and their bottoms have a circular ridge, making them unsuitable for my cooktop.

I also have four old Corelle coffee cups with “hook” handles that stack so neatly. That kind of cup isn’t available under the current (Chinese?) owner of the brand.

You're confusing Corelle and Corningware. Grab-Its are/were part of the Corningware line. Current Corningware is made in China and has little in common w/ the vintage Corningware that was made in Corning, NY. They copy the look and the blue cornflower, but that's it. Chinese-made Corningware is not pyroceramic.

Corelle plates & bowls are still made in USA. They are marked on their underside. Current Corelle cups are made in China.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Corelle plates & bowls
<snip>

You're confusing Corelle and Corningware. Grab-Its are/were part of the Corningware line. Current Corningware is made in China and has little in common w/ the vintage Corningware that was made in Corning, NY. They copy the look and the blue cornflower, but that's it. Chinese-made Corningware is not pyroceramic.

Corelle plates & bowls are still made in USA. They are marked on their underside. Current Corelle cups are made in China.

It appears that you’re correct.

Turning one of my Grab-It bowls over, I see “Corning Ware” on its handle. Thanks for the enlightenment.

I treasure those two bowls! They’re so useful.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Outdoor gear I like:
Western Mountaineering (best sleeping bags made IMO)
Feathered Friends (a really close second to WM)
Darn Tough Socks (best socks made IMO)
Outdoor Research
Sterling Ropes
Metolius
MSR Stoves
Voile Skis/Snowboards
Spark R&D
Verts

Posts: 434 | Location: Utah | Registered: March 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
don't have one, but Arktype packs look good.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kershaw knives,

Posts: 59 | Registered: April 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post