SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Made in USA products you like?
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Made in USA products you like? Login/Join 
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
https://accuratefishing.com/

Accurate fishing reels.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Paul Reed Smith Guitars, Breedlove, Gibson, old National guitars, Rainbow Sandals San Clemente Ca.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Tito's Vodka Austin Texas

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8522 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I really like Skechers (sp?) steel toe safety shoes because of how comfortable they are for my long days walking/standing on concrete floors. The problem I have is that they’re made in China and Vietnam and they fall apart in 6 months or less. Any recommendations on something I can replace them with?

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
We just found out about this company and we are having a custom sectional made. Pretty reasonable and not Chinese garbage furniture.

https://www.cmfurniture.com/

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
I really like Skechers (sp?) steel toe safety shoes because of how comfortable they are for my long days walking/standing on concrete floors. The problem I have is that they’re made in China and Vietnam and they fall apart in 6 months or less. Any recommendations on something I can replace them with?

If you are looking for made in USA it might be a tough search. I've been searching for USA made cargo pants to replace what I have been buying from Duluth Trading. I've found one company where they are made here and materials sourced here. The price tag of $200 a pair made me balk especially not being able to feel the material and try for fit.

The textile industry in the US has been dead a long time. I went through Kanappolis NC when they were taking the wrecking ball to the Cannon Textiles mill there. I was astonished at the enormity of the place and saddened by the site of half of it being reduced to rubble with the other half to soon follow. Apologize for the drift.

Posts: 8522 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:

If you are looking for made in USA it might be a tough search. I've been searching for USA made cargo pants to replace what I have been buying from Duluth Trading. I've found one company where they are made here and materials sourced here. The price tag of $200 a pair made me balk especially not being able to feel the material and try for fit.

The textile industry in the US has been dead a long time. I went through Kanappolis NC when they were taking the wrecking ball to the Cannon Textiles mill there. I was astonished at the enormity of the place and saddened by the site of half of it being reduced to rubble with the other half to soon follow. Apologize for the drift.

TAD Gear Force 10 RS pants are made in the USA (materials and sewing), which may be the pants you are referring to since they are quite pricey. I've been wearing them for many years on my outdoor hiking/hunting adventures and they are as high quality as it gets. I've never managed to rip or tear them with plenty of abuse from the mountains to carbine classes, I expect they will outlast me. I like them better than pants I have tried from Kuhl, Arc'teryx, and Kuiu.

TAD's sizing chart on their website is quite accurate, and they allow a 30-day return if your sizing isn't quite right. If these are the type of pants you are looking for then they are certainly worth a try.

https://tripleaughtdesign.com/...ce-10-rs-cargo-pant/

Every one of my TAD products have been excellent. Some of their items such as the AC material pants are only sewn in the USA as they could not source the materials here. Other items like the Raptor and Stealth jackets are made in Canada where they can get the seam sealing of waterproof materials done.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brett, these are not the pants I ran across at the $200 price point but I may just bite the bullet and pony up for a pair of these.

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

No need to apologize. Dan River Textile Mills, Danville, Va was a huge textile complex , employing so many people. Gradually was whittled away, most all the buildings were demolished over the past 10 years. Maybe an administration building or two left.

https://www.encyclopediavirgin...er_mills#start_entry

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
https://www.russellmoccasin.com/

I've had a couple pairs of their double soft soled moccasins and two pairs of chukkas.

My favorite footwear.

Posts: 15880 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
Does anyone know of a high intensity light that is made in the U.S.A.?
I should have explained it better - a desk reading high intensity light.

Jason from Prometheus makes a great task light in the US. He is an expert in the lighting field. The LEDs used are sourced from the best maker and he uses quality parts throughout. Dark Sucks task light

Posts: 130 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Just pulled the trigger on an All-American Lawn Mower Blade Sharpener

Don't know that I'm gonna like it, but the thing gets rave reviews, looks really good in the videos, and they were very friendly and helpful on the phone today.

Once I get it (may be as early as tomorrow) and sharpen a set of blades, I'll post up a review.

Thanks for the info!! I think that jig is gonna be the cats ass!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Anderson Bean and Rios of Mercedes boots. I got some Anderson Bean ostrich boots this year and they are awesome and top quality hand made in TX. Not ridiculously expensive either...

https://andersonbean.com/

https://riosofmercedes.com/

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
United Solutions buckets from Lowe's (I believe home depot has them also). Got a 10 quart and a 2 gallon.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
www.chainlockerusa.com

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54595 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Malco/Eagle Grip (They were called Vice Grips until Irwin bought them and moved production to Ghiana) outperform everything else. They cost the most as well. So buy once cry one they say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8BDMF8KKlQ

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post