SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are Georgia Boot Company work boots any good?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are Georgia Boot Company work boots any good? Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
I need a new pair of pull on work boots and TSC is having a sale on Georgia Boot Waterproof Wellingtons.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/...on-work-boot-gb00085

Anyone with first hand knowledge of the brand?

Thanks.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I've heard good things, and bad things, but I have no personal knowledge about them. When I worked for a living I always bought Red Wing boots.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Back when Georgia Boots were US made they were good. I think they’re Chinese made now. There are a couple of reviews that aren’t very favorable.

For $50 more you can buy a pair of American made Red Wing style #1159. That’s what I recently did.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Sierra Trading Post has a good selection of Redwing and Chippewa boots right now.

https://www.sierra.com/mens-bo...ed-wing~b~2062,3187/

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
My newest boot acquisition are a pair of Georgia Boots
Georgia Men's Giant High Romeo Gr500, Soggy Brown, 13 M US https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002..._api_i_B-TpEbC5FAS8R

Pretty sure they are made in Vietnam they were like $65 and worth every penny. Very comfortable and have held up well only had them about 3 or 4 months now but I wear them nearly everyday.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stu1000rr
posted Hide Post
I was speaking with a guy that owned a hardware store that also sold the Georgia Boots. When he told me they would replace the boot if their were any problems I was pretty optimistic. But when he said the would only do it once it made me wonder what level of quality they really were.

I have never owned any but that kinda steered me away....I have a pair of Carhart lace up boots that are pretty comfortable and have quite a few miles on them.

Posts: 265 | Location: Southwest Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Georgia Boots used to be great, now they are substandard. They don’t last as near as long as they used to. I’ve always gotten years out of Thorogood work boots.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Good price but I think I know pass on these and either get another pair of Justin's or try the Red wing.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Thanks guys. Good price but I think I know pass on these and either get another pair of Justin's or try the Red wing.

You won't regret the Red Wing boots. That's what I wear for work.

Some of the guys at work said the break in period can be tough but I don't have soft feet so I never had that problem. I always wore the standard issue boots in the Army, too.

There is a Red Wing store on Semoran not far from the airport. Not sure if there's one closer to you.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thanks Edmond!

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge: I’ve always gotten years out of Thorogood work boots.

They got a new CEO and dumped a lot of their classic designs, very disappointing.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

There is a Red Wing store on Semoran not far from the airport.
There’s also one in Casselberry right next to a Chick-Fil-A.

Need I say anything more?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
One of my pet peeves is I will only buy boots made in America.....

went to a work clothes store a few years ago and asked the guy for a pair of boots made here and he just laughed at me... said he did have a pair that they put the laces in here... "assembled in America"

Sadly you even have to be careful with Redwings.. they got a lot of china stuff now too...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve been wearing the composite toe Merrels for the last couple of years and have been very happy

Georgia boot and redwings just don’t fit my foot well.... I do have a skinny size 15 so any shoe type is a challenge to find

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

There is a Red Wing store on Semoran not far from the airport.
There’s also one in Casselberry right next to a Chick-Fil-A.

Need I say anything more?

Yes. Don't go shoe shopping at that location on Sunday... Big Grin

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I’ve switched to Ariat’s. Not US made but a few pairs I’ve owned held up great and feel good. I really want to like Red Wings but they just don’t fit my foot right.
Ariat size 11D always fit me the same.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post