SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    LaDainian Tomlinson opening the first Arby’s Steakhouse [News(?) Advertising(?) that is Humorous]
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LaDainian Tomlinson opening the first Arby’s Steakhouse [News(?) Advertising(?) that is Humorous] Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
When I saw the title, I was unsure if it was serious, a funny ad campaign, or evidence an NFL player team needs the Concussion Pro to Call.

quote:
Foxnews.com: Arby's changing into LaDainian Tomlinson’s Arby's Steakhouse to launch its newest steak sandwich line

If you’ve ever seen an Arby’s and thought it would make a great high-end steak restaurant sponsored by a former NFL player, then you’re in luck – and maybe a little prophetic – because that’s exactly what they’re doing.

ARBY'S ANNOUNCES FIRST-EVER 'MEATOBERFEST,' LAUNCHES 'MEATERHOSEN' AND 'BEEFVARIAN HAT'

On Nov. 7, the home of the meats is transforming into Hall of Fame running back LaDainian Roll Eyes Tomlinson’s Arby’s Steakhouse, a luxury steakhouse complete with linen tablecloths and napkins, and tea light votives for ambiance, according to a statement. And since a steakhouse wouldn’t be complete without steak, the chain will be serving up petite filet steak to its guests.

The cheeky one-night-only restaurant is a play on what Tomlinson describes as a “tradition” among football players.

“In the steak world, there’s this tradition of legendary football players opening premium steakhouses,” he said in a press release for Arby’s. “LaDainian Tomlinson’s Arby’s Steakhouse continues this tradition, but in this case, I’m the football player and the steakhouse is an Arby’s.”

ROSAL

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'll try the sandwich for sure. The rest is just to get people's attention. Worked, it got your attention.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I saw the commercial last night and wonder if it is a gag or real. There is an Arby's in Richmond that has a regular buffet that you can purchase. The owner got permission from Arby's to create a more robust menu. It was a pretty nice restaurant.

But I imagine this is just a gag.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's "real" in the sense that it is in 1 Arbys location in NYC for 1 night only. Don't expect your local Arbys to have a makeover.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also did a double take when I saw the ad. That Arby's is where I head all the time when in traveling there for work, lovely Times Square.

I wonder if they will use the same hostesses that Arby's usually has hanging out around there. It would not be the full experience without someone asking for change.

Also save your receipt, the bathroom door code is on it.

Posts: 186 | Location: The Lovely State of Illinois | Registered: November 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Yooper Arbys lasted about a year. Bad food, understaffed and bad service. Long wait times.
Maybe this will work for them.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post