SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    London celebrates 50 yrs of Monty Python
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

London celebrates 50 yrs of Monty Python Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Orgus, cmon man. You are missing out on some great stuff.

Google Mr. Creosote.

I'll make you guys a deal. When Stickman can properly spell my screenname, I'll reconsider my decision not to watch a Monty Python movie.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
One (of many) of my favorites...The Universe song from The Meaning Of Life...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/yq4uCWtQE24

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
But I don't like Spam!

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
But I don't like Spam!

mbinky begs to differ. As for myself, I need to go shopping for cheese.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Oroguss, And Now For Something Completely Different is also good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I can honestly say that aside from the killer bunny scene, I have never seen anything Monty Python.
You are not yet ready to leave the monastery, grasshopper.

Posts: 107592 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's just a flesh wound.

Posts: 57 | Registered: November 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
The Argument Sketch

The Philosophers Song

The Two Bruces

they certainly has quite a library of laughs

and after Python, you just have to watch Fawlty Towers...

que?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53181 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Le Marche Futil!:

SpamSpamSpamSpam:

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Note that they don't so much fly as plummet.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
The Argument Sketch

The Philosophers Song

The Two Bruces

they certainly has quite a library of laughs

and after Python, you just have to watch Fawlty Towers...

que?

Are you from Barcelona?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by mrbill345:
Beautiful plumage.

quote:
The Monty Python reunion in London began on July 1,

No it didn't.
I didn't come here for an argument ...

Oh...this is abuse!

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
RAF Banter Big Grin

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWWPk9jrvqk

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1903 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I can honestly say that aside from the killer bunny scene, I have never seen anything Monty Python.

You must have learned how not to be seen!

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
Sorry guys, I saw every episode, and have them on DVD Smile

You're not alone. I've been through my copy of the 16-Ton Megaset more than a few times.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
But I don't like Spam!

mbinky begs to differ. As for myself, I need to go shopping for cheese.

I don't care how fucking runny it is.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
"...Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more !!! "

"... blessed are the cheese makers? .."

So many funny sketches its not even fair!!

HK Ag

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
ShirtWoot.com has a bunch of decent Monty Python themed shirts available. The artists are obvious Python fans who put some thought and imagination into the designs. I just ordered a few to commemorate the 50th.

https://shirt.woot.com/catalog?q=python

I saw Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Life Of Brian, and The Meaning Of Life on their opening nights in the theater. I remember my stomach muscles hurting from laughing so hard at the Grail.

When Life Of Brian opened in `79 it was being protested in many areas by religious groups. When we went on opening night there was a bunch of protesters outside the theater chanting some bullshit. We watched the movie and as we left the same idjits were still outside. Me being young and a bit irritable I decided to engage them. I asked "Who here has actually seen this movie"? Their response was something like "We've been told it's bad so we won't ever watch it". I told them that they were all hypocrites and offered to buy a ticket if one of them was willing to actually be informed about the subject of the protest. All I got was dirty looks and no takers.

I've always disliked "protesters" in general because most of them back then were hippies but these cretins were just as ridiculous. Fucktards all.

My hovercraft is full of eels.

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My partner at work is a huge Monty Python fan and is always IM'ing me YouTube clips.

I think the Holy Hand Grenade was the latest one. Big Grin

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post