SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    London celebrates 50 yrs of Monty Python
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

London celebrates 50 yrs of Monty Python Login/Join 
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted
Beautiful plumage.

quote:
The Monty Python reunion in London began on July 1, and after a 10-day break, picks up again tonight at the O2 Arena for the final five nights that will see Eric Idle, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Terry Jones, and Michael Palin on the same stage together, doing silly things one more time. Of course, it’s not all silliness–the first five-night run of the performance raised more than £20,000 for five different charities chosen by the Python members, by giving those charities the opportunity to auction off the right to perform in a sketch alongside the cast.

To celebrate the achievements of the Monty Python crew, UKTV channel Gold–which will air the final performance of the reunion on Sunday–contracted with sculptor Iain Prendergast to create a 50-foot fiberglass version of the famous “Norwegian Blue” parrot. The parrot, which is famous for being dead from the moment it was sold, was placed on Monday at Potters Fields Park in South London, near Tower Bridge. This is both a fine reminder to tune in on Sunday to the broadcast and an outstanding opportunity to inspire countless visitors to declare in increasingly frantic tones that “This parrot is no more! It has ceased to be! It’s expired and gone to meet its maker! This is a late parrot! It’s a stiff!” Because if there’s anything that you need to commission a 50-foot fiberglass sculpture to get people who know every word to famous Monty Python sketches to do, it’s to recite the funnier bits of those sketches to anyone within earshot.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I can honestly say that aside from the killer bunny scene, I have never seen anything Monty Python.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Orgus, cmon man. You are missing out on some great stuff.

Google Mr. Creosote.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I'm truly sad for you Orguss.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
you've never seen The Parrot Sketch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npjOSLCR2hE

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
Monty Python - "The Holly Grail" is the funniest movie that I have ever seen. A true classic!

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Oh, just watching Yellowbeard now. I believe that Marty Feldman passed away during filming.

It would be great to see Monty Python in London. My fave skit are the Aussie philosophers.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arty:
Monty Python - "The Holly Grail" is the funniest movie that I have ever seen. A true classic!

This is all I know about the subject. Papa got me into the movie. To him I owe my love of Led Zeppelin, Bad Company, Boston, and Holy Grail.

RIP

I've watched a few other skits, not the same.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
I'm a Lumberjack and work all day,,

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not dead, it's sleeping.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Have you in fact got any cheese here at all?

H&K-Guy

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
The first time I heard "Are you embarrassed easily" I nearly threw up from laughing so hard.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoseyWales2
posted Hide Post
And now for something completely different.....

----------------------------------
"These things you say we will have, we already have."
"That's true. I ain't promising you nothing extra."

Posts: 578 | Location: Missouri | Registered: October 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrbill345:
Beautiful plumage.

quote:
The Monty Python reunion in London began on July 1,

No it didn't.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I....am....a....Gumby!

The fish slap dance.

It's now time for the penguin on top of your telly to explode.

The Spanish Inquisition!

Sorry guys, I saw every episode, and have them on DVD Smile

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by mrbill345:
Beautiful plumage.

quote:
The Monty Python reunion in London began on July 1,

No it didn't.
I didn't come here for an argument ...

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Careful, you might turn into a Scotsman.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3520 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I've met some people competing to be Twit of the Year.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2067 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whanson_wi:
I think I've met some people competing to be Twit of the Year.

The Twit Olympics. Classic.

H&K-Guy