SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Too Many Magazines?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Too Many Magazines? Login/Join 
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Hell, I even have a couple of cases of surplus mags I inherited from a friend that I can't even identify. the mags, I mean.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
If you have so many magazines that you can't fill them all with ammo, you just might have a problem.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
For ages I bought ever pre ban AR mag I came across, assuming that the price wasn't crazy.

And then one night my thousands of dollars worth of mags was worth tens of dollars and illegal. I ended up giving most of them to people in MA. Frown

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear:
If you have so many magazines that you can't fill them all with ammo, you just might have a problem.

Yeah, not enough ammo.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Gee, I thought 5 mags per weapon was a good number...

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
After getting caught with my pants around my ankles during the Clinton ban, I bought $35 Glock mags, $65 H&k and P228 mags, and $30-60 AR mags. Since the ban ended in 2004 I made sure I have lots of mags for each weapon because they do break and wear out. I don't believe you can ever have too many. Buy Ammo and consider mags an asset that you can turn into barter material.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Most of my guns have 2-3 mags tops. I have a few with 10+ but with over 40 pistols I doubt I will ever be in a situation where I need 400 mags on hand

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am truly scratching my head why anyone would think 2 mags are adequate if more are actually available.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
There are several categories of pistols/rifles one can own. Rare collectibles usually have their own matching mag or two. Odd ball pistols from the past that are saved for sentimental reasons
may have a usable mag or two stored together so the gun is complete. Then there are the actual guns the owner uses for hunting or self defense. Those are the ones that require a larger number of magazines because they need to be operable and ready to use at
any time. That is the reason I may have 50-100 Glock or Sig or AR mags around
the house, but only 2-3 Luger or Nambu magazines.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
That might be mildly excessive IMO. I like to have roughly 6-10 mags per handgun and like 20 for per rifle. I also figure that I should be able to fill each with ammo.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post