SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Too Many Magazines?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Too Many Magazines? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
You can always convert them into cash. That's the great thing about guns, ammo, and accessories.

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I don't understand the question? Are you stealing to obtain mags? Have you failed to get any of your responsibilities taken care of because you bought mags instead? If the answer is no the both questions, then you're GTG.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
What about AR15 mags, have any of those?

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mags are always the first thing on any new ban list, add to that they are wearable, disposable items I would say there is no such thing as too many.

A very good point; proven by past events.

"Actually,there is a point when you have too many and the money could be better spent on ammo. Stop at where you are now and concentrate on ammo."

I am a ammo hoarder as well; but judging from past threads about that I am nowhere in some peoples league. Probably have more than I will ever shoot based upon my age.

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, I have two or three AR15 Mags but I don't have an AR15 platform. Much like the gentleman above I bought them just in case I ever picked one up. I should probably buy one next rather than another pistol

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
And the problem is???

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
How many is too many?

When you need to purchase Delaware in order to store them all.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I don't understand the question? Are you stealing to obtain mags? Have you failed to get any of your responsibilities taken care of because you bought mags instead? If the answer is no the both questions, then you're GTG.

Yep. You are still feeding your family, right?
I'd say you can skip the magaholic meetings.
Someday.... you'll either sell them, give them away, or pass them on to children. Until then, you probably have the right number.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24105 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
60 225 mags? You are a wealthy man.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you can no longer find a deal on mags... you 'might' have too many. Wink

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0658:
I just got through making room for my last purchase and found that I have more than 60 225 mags, 55 226 in 9mm, 25 226 mags in 357, 25 in 229 357. I won’t even admit to how many 228 mags I have it is downright embarrassing.

The above does not take even into account the 250, Sig Pro, 220, 227, and of course Glock magazines. About 40% are new; all are in very good condition, other than some 228 mags which are definitely practice only mags.

It would too much if you didn't own any of handguns for which you have stockpiled magazines. Big Grin

Posts: 295 | Location: TX | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Amateur.

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is quite the collection of mags. I have a bunch of ar-15 mags but they do not cost as near as much as your collection of mags.. I like to have about 10 mags per gun, not that I have that many but I would like to. I can't imagine storing all of those mags as that is quite an investment.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Too Many Magazines?

No such thing.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
As long as they are organized and accessible, you're fine.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I showed this to my wife, and she now thinks I am a reasonable person.

Posts: 12679 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!! Big Grin

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
While cleaning out the shed the other day, I found 30 PMags I had forgotten about. No such thing as too many mags in today's world IMHO.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
While cleaning out the shed the other day, I found 30 PMags I had forgotten about. No such thing as too many mags in today's world IMHO.

So true. Nothing better than having a ton of mags for your favorite guns.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one who thinks that that's somehow an argument for getting more guns? I keep thinking I need another H&K P7 for some reason, and it seems to revolve around the fact that I've got a good stash of mags.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post