SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Too Many Magazines?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Too Many Magazines? Login/Join 
posted
I may have an issue; over the decades, I have bought magazines whenever there was a really good sale or I saw used ones that were a good buy. Now I find myself with a plethora of magazines (no I do not want to sell them). How many is too many?

It seems as if I have unwittingly included magazines with my informal motto, you can’t have too many guns or enough ammunition.

I just got through making room for my last purchase and found that I have more than 60 225 mags, 55 226 in 9mm, 25 226 mags in 357, 25 in 229 357. I won’t even admit to how many 228 mags I have it is downright embarrassing.

The above does not take even into account the 250, Sig Pro, 220, 227, and of course Glock magazines. About 40% are new; all are in very good condition, other than some 228 mags which are definitely practice only mags.

I know there are probably others with more magazines; it may be time for me to stop buying magazines, but every once in a while there is a deal just too good to pass up.

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd say you're good!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tell us about your other habits, then we can make a judgement. Do you buy pickles in bulk, do you shop on QVC? Sig forum did have a thread not long ago on magazine storage ideas so you are probably in safe company here.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Can you please refer to them as "clips" cuz I thought you were talking about print magazines.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I think at this point, I would start buying backup handguns for each of the magazines you have, since it seems likely your weapons will wear out before your magazines.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
Don't feel like your alone, those that survived 1994 Clinton era crap probably have a lot of magazines...I am just glad it's over for a few years...but it's never really over since I live in Washington State.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
How many is too many?

I don't understand the question.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Actually,there is a point when you have too many and the money could be better spent on ammo. Stop at where you are now and concentrate on ammo.

Posts: 5619 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bob ramberg
posted Hide Post
UNlucky #1. Great Karma.

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

Posts: 1366 | Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Madiganistan | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd rather have more guns or ammo than that many magazines.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just like ammo. It isn't enough that I have enough to last for the rest of my life. I have kids, and grandkids.

Posts: 1351 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just got through making room for my last purchase and found that I have more than 60 225 mags, 55 226 in 9mm, 25 226 mags in 357, 25 in 229 357. I won’t even admit to how many 228 mags I have it is downright embarrassing.

I thought that I had a lot of magazines, now I feel humbled and inadequate.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
>>>>> Eek Jealous Razz <<<<<

Good on you, bro. That's a problem I'd like to have. . .

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I don't think a couple hundred is even remotely close to too many mags.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know the saying,you cant be to rich, to thin or have to many magazines.

Posts: 785 | Location: Eastern Ma. | Registered: November 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
Actually,there is a point when you have too many and the money could be better spent on ammo. Stop at where you are now and concentrate on ammo.

This. "I'd say you've had enough"

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand completely. I've bought mags at great prices to later find out I, uh, didn't own the pistol for them. Of course, I remedied that situation....

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
I don't think a couple hundred is even remotely close to too many mags.

Then I'm good on Glock 17 and 19 mags

idem ea dixit

Posts: 1390 | Location: Daphne, AL | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those numbers would not make me think you have too many but more likely not enough.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
Clinton/94 AWB was a wake up call for a lot of gun owners.

Mags are always the first thing on any new ban list, add to that they are wearable, disposable items I would say there is no such thing as too many.

Nobody knows what tomorrow will bring. Administrations change. The make up of congress and senate change. Even the most staunchly conservative, pro 2A politician(s) may find themselves outnumbered or (even if the majority) forced to vote contrary to the 2A if the next mass shooting is horrific enough. Real Politik and all all that.

There was a fella, whose name I cant quite recall, posted something not too long ago about stocking up when it was quiet. It's really quiet right now. In fact I don't ever remember prices across the board being so good. Seems like a great time to buy.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post