SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shooting fun today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shooting fun today Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted
I went up to Denison, Texas today (65 miles north) to visit my Best Bud. He had some other friends over and we all went to some private property available to him to do some shooting. I was able to try out 2 new guns I'd acquired but had not yet fired: Colt Defender in .45ACP and Rock Island 1911 in .22TCM. Great fun. The TCM shoots exactly to point of aim and is a joy to shoot. The muzzle flash was quite satisfying, even in broad daylight, too. The Defender seems to shoot left--I'll have to do somw range work under more controlled circumstances to determine what sight adjustments it needs. I shot some of the other friends' guns, too, and scored with some better than their owners did. One in particular had very easy to see sights and I did a great job with it (don't remember what it was, though.) WE had a lovely clear day with moderate temperatures and a good time was had by all. I had also taken my 2 LAR Grizzly oversized 1911s in .45 Win Mag and .50AE, and the friends tried those out, too. (I don't think they will be acquiring any, though.)

My BB and I later went to a favorite restaurant (Huck's) where I had a great fried catfish dinner. (You haven't had good catfish until you've eaten at Huck's. They are my standard for a "10".)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Going to shoot steel today with the Swiss P226.
Instant gratification.
Love transmuting money into noise.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Sounds like everybody had a good time.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Those 22TCMs are fun to shoot, I was wondering if you've ever shot one. Try it at night! Nothing like shooting a .22 at 2,000 FPS. Soft shooting too. Somewhere in the range of practice .380 or less.

I have zero, I mean absolutely no need for one, is there such thing as negative need? But I want one.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
With guns (and some other items) there is no consideration of "need" necessary--"want" and ability to buy are all that count.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
The GF and I went shooting yesterday. I shot the P226 legion and as I follow the (Sig instructors advice to relax I get nbeyter and better with it. She has been shooting my G19 and it is neat to watch her confidence grow and she is now starting to analyze what mistakes she is making.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3693 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Argh. Has Rock Island (or anyone else) come up with a 6" semiauto at factory standard prices? I'd love to play with one, but it really does seem to cry out for a slightly longer barrel.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds fun!

We had a village "turkey shoot" out here. There was a 100yd open sight competition then a 500yd bullseye tournament where the closest to the center won.

In the 500 I hit the 12" circle with all 3 shots in a nice group but another guy drilled one right through the center then didn't even hit paper so he won, just a fluke shot and walked away with 200 bucks. If it was about points in the target I'd have won. Oh well it was still fun.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post