SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How do you treat a heel bruise?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do you treat a heel bruise? Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I think I've said before: "Well, fudge."

A visit to the ortho reveals a ruptured plantar fascia.

[Sweet Brown] Ain't nobody got time fo' dat! [/Sweet Brown]

Today's parting gifts are a walking boot and a scheduled follow-up in a month or so.

Grrr.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Now that you have the boot on, bourbon, then try to walk!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
A visit to the ortho reveals a ruptured plantar fascia.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Told you to see a doc. I did not even charge like the Teledoc. Engineers are always stubborn about this stuff. Glad you got the walking boot. This kind of stuff most certainly can get worse without proper diagnosis and treatment.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Michael: yes, I've been stubborn for a few days. Thank you for prodding me to see the doc.

Johnny: it's 1792 night. Wink

Once the dog comes in, I'll be foot-on-the-back-of-the-couch for the night.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
Hope you heal quickly! (No pun intended).

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

God bless America.

posted Hide Post
One thing to consider when you are walking (hobbling) around with the boot on, is to wear a shoe or boot on the "good" foot that has a sole about the same height as the boot. Having 2 different height soles can put your hips off & give you hip/back issues in addition to the foot issue.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^^
True. I figure once this is settled, I'll end up visiting the chiropractor too.

God bless America.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Depends on how bad you injured it. I fell awkwardly off my surfboard at first street VA Beach. It was a very low tide and I hit my heel HARD on a rock or shell in the sandbar. I thought I broke my heel because it took a loooooooooooooooooong time to heal up. It was probably 7 months easy before it began to feel normal again. I was limping around for a long time. I probably should have gone to a doctor but I figured there isn’t much you can do for a busted heel other than give to time and rest as much as you can.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I figured there isn’t much you can do for a busted heel other than give to time and rest as much as
you can.

That was my mindset a few days ago, too. Thanks to ZSMichael and a couple of the ladies at work, I finally relented and sought better opinions than my own.

I'm no fan of this danged boot at all, but it's probably better than the long-term effects of not getting it checked on.

God bless America.