SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shorts for Taller Men
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shorts for Taller Men Login/Join 
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted
Warmer weather is here and once again I am unimpressed with my selection of casual shorts to wear. On the hunt to find something that will sit a little below the knee and still look fashionable and comfy. I am 6'3 and most shorts just always end up being too short.

Any taller guys have a go to spot for shorts that dont show off too much leg???

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Have you looked here?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30645 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Take a look at Duluth Trading. They have -40% off on some pants right now too. They have various lengths available.

Also check out Arborwear. Same deal, longer lengths. NO sale though.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Almost all of my shorts were once pants that I had tailored.
They are the Vertx tactical pant with no cargo pockets. Ever found a pair of shorts that I liked but loved the pants bought 10 pair. 5 are still pants 5 were tailored though I prefer just above the knee.
Get your favorite pants and take them to the tailor.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I am 6’3” and I find the modern trend is long shorts and are too long for my preference. Most places carry 10, 9, and 7 inch inseams in shorts. I would check the different styles. I would be very surprised If the 10 inch didn’t work fine. My underarmour golf shorts are super comfortable and plenty long.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Cutter/Buck makes nice golf/white guy style shorts. They aren't cheap.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cutter/Buck makes nice golf/white guy style shorts. They aren't cheap.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Do they fit guys with big heads?

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't stand the those baggy wrinkled cargo shorts look so I just get jeans and have them hemmed

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck with Old Navy. Getting the tall size gives you deeper pockets than going with the same diameter waist in regulars, and they're a bit longer. Ditto their pantelones...

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
Shorts that go below the knee aren't shorts, they're capris.

Posts: 8273 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by houndawg:
Shorts that go below the knee aren't shorts, they're capris.

Yes, I am aware. I don’t want nut huggers is all. Thanks for the recommendations.

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a giant. Lands End khaki shorts are my choice.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I’m 6’3” also and I only wear Carhartt or Eddie Bauer ripstops. Duluth Trading quality is no where near as good as the Carhartt’s. I had a pair of Arborwear and they actually started coming apart at the seams after 3 or 4 washings.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
DXL Store Big and Tall clothing. Use their search for a Store near you. I recommend them.

DXL Store link

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
If I am outside working, I wear regular white jockey shorts. But everywhere else I always wear boxer shorts. I like the ones sold at our local farm & garden store. Can't remember who makes them but it might be Bernie. Your junk stays where it's supposed to but you still have good movement.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m 6’3” as well. (But they tell me it’s about the length, not the height)

I like Carhartt for shorts. Vertex makes a durable pair in a good length as well. I’ve had luck at Bass Pro / Cabellas, but you have to try a few different pairs on.

Old navy used to be pretty good, but in recent years, the quality kinda went downhill.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8335 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
"Sit a little below the knee and still look fashionable?" Those are contradictory requirements, I think Wink

Saw a middle-aged guy at the vet's office today, wearing long camo shorts. Two fashion faux pas in one go - lol

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
5.11 offers a number of shorts with 11" inseams, including several non-tactical-looking shorts.

Posts: 32493 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
What happened to short shorts ? Like the character in Police Academy with short shorts and a gun.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I'm 6'3" also, and a bit out of proportion with short torso and long legs, so I prefer shorts with at least an 11" inseam, maybe an inch or two longer when I can find them.

I also like expandable waist bands, so that the shorts fit fairly snugly around the waist, but will expand when I use an IWB holster.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30645 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post