SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Foods you like cooked vs raw.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Foods you like cooked vs raw. Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
I love raw green beans and don't really like them cooked

I agree. I can take or leave cooked green beans. If you have to cook them, just steam them for 3 seconds.

I like sushi and cooked fish. But I prefer salmon in sushi.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Live octopus and raw onion. My wife loves them, but no freaking way I'm eating them. For me, they got to be cooked.

I refuse to eat anything while it's alive, that's a line I'm not crossing. I'm going to assume you meant raw, right?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

I refuse to eat anything while it's alive, that's a line I'm not crossing. I'm going to assume you meant raw, right?

Unless 12131 is a Klingon, he probably meant killed first. Razz

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Unless 12131 is a Klingon, he probably meant killed first. Razz

maybe not

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/oNy8MUPOAtQ

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
If it's moving, it isn't food.

Yet.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
Meat. I've seen some of the steaks you guys eat, and it's practically raw. Medium-well for me, thanks.

I'd agree. I'm a big meat eater but it needs to be cooked, not just warmed up a bit.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I hate raw onion, like a slice of raw onion on a burger or shredded raw onion on my salad. But I'll eat cooked stuff with onion in it.

Agree 100%.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Pork and pork by-products.

And poultry.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Meat. I've seen some of the steaks you guys eat, and it's practically raw. Medium-well for me, thanks.

I'd agree. I'm a big meat eater but it needs to be cooked, not just warmed up a bit.

You, me, and President Trump are in agreement on this.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:

You, me, and President Trump are in agreement on this.

Absolutely, if it's still mooing, I don't want it near me.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
I like pineapple raw but cooked? Yuck! On pizza, in a cake? Really, really don't like it.

CW

Posts: 3200 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
Three pages and no one here even mentions pasta?

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I went out to eat with a couple of friends on Thursday, and the one from out of town wanted to go to a well known Middle Eastern place. I'm not a fan, but they had some stuff I would eat, so I agreed. I got the ground sirloin, well done, and boy, was it ever well done. Smoked, I would call it. Better over than under done, IMO. It wasn't horrible. The rice it came with (mistakenly) wasn't bad. The iced tea was just disgusting. I had one of the other guys taste mine and he said it tasted just like his, but he liked his. I got the waitress to bring me a 7Up, and it was ok. The other guys had raw Lamb, which was, well, not for me. I'm not crazy about cooked Lamb. I don't like a lot of vegetables, but carrots are fine raw, but cooked, I just cant stand them. In general, I want my vegetables cooked as little as possible.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Raw potato is ok, but I prefer them to be sliced/pan fried, diced/chopped for grilling or cut for French fries.

Won't eat raw carrots/celery, but will eat them if cooked well in chicken noodle soup (think Chick-fil-A).

No raw onions for me, but love well done onion rings or a bloomin' onion.

Meat cooked medium, will not try raw.
Fish cooked, will not try raw.
Shrimp must be fried.

Cookies cooked, but I do loves me some raw chocolate chip cookie dough.

And as detroit192 said, pasta cooked. Wink

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Agree on the cabbage... my croatian family us3d to rot it... can't imagine anything worse. Cooked is just as bad. But love Cole slaw.

Also, carrots. Love raw carrots, especially with some ranch dip. Hate them cooked.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Broccoli - I'll eat it cooked, but I like it better raw. Dipped in a little ranch dressing.

Tuna and salmon sushi - yum!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hate raw clams but LOVE them cooked......
However, I love raw oysters and fried, go figure

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post