SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Foods you like cooked vs raw.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Foods you like cooked vs raw. Login/Join 
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted
I love raw cabbage like cole slaw and shredded on tacos but can not stand cooked cabbage. On the other hand I do not like raw onions but have been known to fry up just some onions in butter for a snack.

Any body else have this love hate relationship with the same food item.

Posts: 5737 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will eat just about anything and consider myself a little bit a foodie; however, celery is mine that fits in this category. Cooked I like it, raw not at all.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Fish

Not a fan of sashimi/sushi but give me some cooked fish and I'm tearing that up.

Same with oysters! Raw snot in a rock, EWWWWWW but fried on a Po'boy...MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Posts: 33794 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I love raw green beans and don't really like them cooked

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I like to make ice cream with uncooked eggs. Cooked it has a custard taste. Thank heavens for Davidson's pasteurized eggs available at Harris Teeter.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Live octopus and raw onion. My wife loves them, but no freaking way I'm eating them. For me, they got to be cooked.

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Carrots. I love cooked carrots, but I tend to avoid them raw. Finely shredded in a salad or sandwich is not a deal breaker, but big bite size pieces, no thanks. I'll pick 'em out.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Sushi

otherwise its just bait

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I like most common veggies (carrots, celery, turnips, etc.) either cooked or raw. But I don't like 'em half cooked, which is the norm in San Diego restaurants. Back in Missouri, cooked vegetables were usually fully cooked.

I don't like raw meat of any sort.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Steak. Smile

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not exactly cooked vs uncooked, but my son will eat left over pizza straight out of the refrigerator.

I'll eat it if it has been warm and is cooling down to room temp toward the end of a party, but I can't stand if it's actually cold.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I'll echo the others about sushi. I like my sushi Southern fried.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Sushi

otherwise its just bait
Ditto. I'm with Terry Bradshaw on this one.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2079 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I'd rather gnaw on a three day old dead male German hooker than eat Steak Tar-Tar. Tried it once, but only once (the steak, not the hooker).

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Oysters for sure. Breaded and fried or in oyster stew. I've thrown them on the grill but really don't like them that way.

I had to stop watching that idiot Zimmern on Bizarre Foods because of all the uncooked crap he eats. Eek

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Meat. I've seen some of the steaks you guys eat, and it's practically raw. Medium-well for me, thanks.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tried it once, but only once (the steak, not the hooker).

rriiiiiiiight

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I hate raw tomatoes but eat them cooked in soups, Italian foods, sauces, etc.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Always eat Rocky Mountain Oysters grilled.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
Always eat Rocky Mountain Oysters grilled.

It takes real balls to do that.

Seriously, Rocky Mountain Oysters grilled? I'm not showing up for your next block party.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post