SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Obama Channel? Barack and Michelle Obama Sign Deal With Netflix

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Obama Channel? Barack and Michelle Obama Sign Deal With Netflix Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
Good Lord, will these narcissists never go away?

quote:

The Obama Channel? Barack and Michelle Obama Sign Deal With Netflix
Former president and first lady will be able to produce everything from scripted shows to documentaries to feature films

By Austen Hufford
May 21, 2018 1:36 p.m. ET

Netflix Inc. signed former U.S. President Barack Obama and the former first lady, Michelle Obama, to a multiyear deal to produce shows and documentaries for the streaming platform.

Ref: The Obama Channel? Barack and Michelle Obama Sign Deal With Netflix (WSJ. May require subscription to read entire article.)

Srsly, Netflix?

My wife and I were just talking again yesterday about how Netflix' content has become steadily less interesting to us--to the point we rarely watch it any more. Watched it a lot when they had a lot of purchased content. In our opinions it's gone steadily downhill ever since they lost their deal with Starz. Their own content we've found almost universally unappealing. Seems strange to say it, but Netflix is pretty close to being on the chopping block here in our household.

This certainly isn't going to get them any points with us. (Nor would a Bush Channel, Trump Channel, Ron/Rand Paul Channel or what-have-you channel. This isn't about politics, but Netflix' value to us.)

Good grief

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Something tells me this is neither the first time this has been mentioned here nor will it be the first time to get locked. Could be wrong though. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
It's called "Al Jazeera - Light".

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post