SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Why can't I get motivated?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why can't I get motivated? Login/Join 
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I think the cold weather might have something to do with it. Where you are sound very much like where I am in the winter months, plenty to do, but not much interest in doing it.

With some patience, you can convince yourself to not let it bother you so much.

Posts: 6473 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
My to do list is 4 items, and it's been that way for quite some time. Finally got one of them knocked off the list last night.

Some unwise man once said something like this, "Don't do today what you can put off until tomorrow". I live by this principle. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26385 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Have you tried Adderall?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Once in a while it's good to do nothing for a few days.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Have you tried Adderall?

Thanks, but I don't think I'm ADHD. I think I'm "wintertime lazybutt." Wink

Loving your CUT, KMitch!

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Jeff, sometimes you just need some downtime. Take a few days for you and then hit the list hard one day.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Remember the advice of Will Durant

Nothing is frequently a good thing to do, and always a clever thing to say.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Have you tried Adderall?

Dude! I like how you're thinkin! Dexi's for us all! Zipity Du Dah! Arriba!

Posts: 4811 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
I am blessed in so many ways with wife, family, new brittany spaniel pup, dream retirement gig, but some serious health issues have me on the mental sideline too much these days....have new guns I have not shot, that is bad.
I want to thank all of you here, great place and one of my daily enjoyments.

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a lot of you guys are practicing for retirement.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4134 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I've got a LONG time to practice!

Meanwhile, I gotta get some stuff done!

Coffee is on, laundry is in, dog is out, starting on The List. Today has got to be more productive than yesterday!

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Don’t forget your New Year’s Resolutions!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
googling motivation

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Alrighty, then. The day started well. I slept in for a little while (not long) and got moving. The Christmas tree is put up, I've written out the Christmas cards I didn't send on time, and the laundry is in. I helped a friend with some computer problems, and have gotten some oldie-moldy gunk out of the fridge. (All while watching the first season of Homeland.)

A friend called a few minutes ago and invited me over for dinner and college football. Productivity is now shot for the day, but there's at least some positive progress today.

And I have two more full days ahead still! Smile

God bless America.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
The kitchen smells like Hoppe's now. Can I get some bonus points for that? Big Grin

God bless America.

Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I was like that several years ago and then my next blood test showed that my iron level was high. So I started donating blood to bring it down into the proper range.

A high iron level can cause all kinds of health problems and is thought to be why women live longer then men.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The quiet druid
Picture of orion5
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised nobody mentioned SAD (seasonal affective disorder). Look it up and get some vitamin D3. Godsend for me.

o5

Posts: 746 | Location: Roanoke-ish | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
We had 3 of our kids and 7 grandkids here for a week. Haven't been this busy since loading hay in front of a thunderstorm. Everybody left and the house has been quiet for 5 days. Motivation went with them.

Highly motivated this morning! Got my breakfast omlette and coffee made without a single break! Things are looking up.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by orion5:
I'm surprised nobody mentioned SAD (seasonal affective disorder). Look it up and get some vitamin D3.

This could be... leaving for work in the dark and getting home right before dark are killing my at-home productivity.

God bless America.

posted Hide Post
an over whelming feeling of distraught came over me yesterday , it started around 3Razz.m. an lasted to well past midnight.
bad thoughts and extreme anxiety ,
I forced myself to get out of the apt. today for some laundry and to check back to this thread.

18 days of below 20 degree temperatures may have something to do with it , but there must be something else.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post