SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Got told I have white male privelege by friends
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got told I have white male privelege by friends Login/Join 
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I worked to pay room and board, to live at home, when I was 14. Bought my own clothes, paid for my school. Went in the army at 17 year before I would have graduated.

My wife and I have been married for more than 60 years. Some of those years were hard (11 of them in the army, Europe).

Got out of the army and took a more than full time job. Decided to go to college as I had very nearly maxed the GED while in the service I had no trouble meeting the requirements.

At one point, I was working an average of 60 hours a week, building our own house on the weekends and vacations (when I wasn't doing homework). None of which would not been possible without total support of wife and daughter.

I continued to go to school while working those 60 hour weeks, ending up with 2 BS degrees, and an MBA in Finance.

When I see, hear, these twits whining about how hard they have it, (and blaming "whitey") all I can do is shake my head and move on.

They have no damned idea about the real world, and should stay in their mommy's basement playing video games, or whatever.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a war against men in our country and it has several battlefronts. White privilege is one of them.
And like many of the things used against men, it is a fucking lie.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Pick your battles. You know the wise advise about arguing with idjits.

FWIW You are cool in my book.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Ask her what her selective service number is.

This!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
First of all, congrats to you, Prefontaine, for overcoming many obstacles in your path. I was “privileged” in that my parents loved each other and stayed married. That has nothing to do with being white, or male.

My career was in the U.S. government, USDA Forest Service to be specific. I can say with absolute assurance that being a white male, EVERY other so-called “disadvantaged group,” beginning with the entire female sex, had advantages in federal employment. I have a raft of stories I could tell about being a white male in government that goes all the way back to my initial hiring as a “Hispanic” (no, I’m not and it wasn’t me pulling an Elizabeth Warren). During the Obama presidency, the anti-white male reached its zenith when it was made clear to me that national leadership would just as soon I leave the Agency and open up a space for one of the favored.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Wear it like a badge.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
One of these days, Alice, one of these days. ...

Posts: 15847 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Say: "So this is your best excuse for underachieving?"

"I thought it was estrogen poisoning."

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
One of these days, Alice, one of these days. ...

^^^^^^^^^^
Ralph Kramdon had privlege. So did Norton. Sewer work and driving a city bus. LOL

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaveL:
Anyone who credits your position in life to privilege without knowing how you got there is ignorant. Anyone who knows the story you told and calls you privileged is malicious. Consider minimizing your interactions with people who are ignorant or malicious -- life is too short for self-flagellation.

The wisdom in this one is strong. Wink

Posts: 1817 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Diversity, Inclusion, Affirmative Action, WIC, Quotas for government contracts, Hate Crime Laws...

That sounds like privilege.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
You need to respond as follows:

"When you finish ironing my clothes, make me a sandwich."

Be sure to say it with a smile.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
Been there, done that and have a t-shirt from it for every day of the week.

My response to having white privilege: If you're not gonna let me take theis knapsack off, then I'm just going to continue my hike through life with it on. And if I have to keep carrying this weight, you're damn right I am gonna use the utensils inside of it!

White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack, Peggy McIntosh

I've got a crisp clean $100 bill says 9 out of 10 people accusing someone of not know about their white privilege don't even know the premise came from an old white cat lady.

Posts: 2026 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
I left home at 14 due to an over zealous women's libber mother that was disappointed that I was male, so she tormented me. Moved in with my Dad when he divorced her. Cooked, cleaned, shopped, and generally didn't have a life outside being my
Dad's personal servant, but it was miles ahead of my Mom.

Worked since I was 12. got three reverse discrimination letdowns back to back in the 70's - "we need more women and minorities" and put your life on hold even though you are vastly more qualified.

Family was wealthy, but an illegal immigrant girlfriend got my Dad to change his will sub rosa, so I never saw a dime, not to mention I had the cheapest Dad on the planet. He sure could pick the women!

Pulled myself up and started my own business, doing fine now.

This talk of white privilege is such happy horseshit! Useful idiots and NPC's spouting it should all go fuck themselves.

Life is what you make it.

Going to ask the next one what her selective service number is, thanks for the fantastic insult. I was # 10 in 1973 and if Nixon didn't pull us out, I was headed to VN.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
They have their own privilege called Affirmative Action. It’s bullshit but it’s still the law of the land.

If they’re so bent out of shape at how well you live - just know they are really insecure about their position.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Also, they are not friends who would think such a thing about you.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
What is it that you have that they think you don't deserve?

Posts: 45334 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
“Back to the kitchen with you. Or the laundry room. I’ll let you choose.”

That should end the conversation if a real, open dialogue isn’t what they’re looking for.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15502 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
How do they feel about their 1st world priveledge? By simply having the priveledge of living in the US at this point in history they have an advantage over the vast majority of the world's population, of every gender and color, when it comes to any measure of potential economic or social mobility.

^ Nailed it.

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
Where can I cash in on this elusive "white privelege"? I'm tired of busting my ass working two jobs, just so I can live in a decent house, in a safe neighborhood that is NOT "diverse".

Fucking white liberals made that shit up. Sick of hearing about how "priveleged" I am. Regards 18DAI

+1. I say the same as well. Wish I had the time to sit around protesting and waiting for shit to fall on my lap.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7489 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post