SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Son of Denver mayor threatens to have LEO fired during traffic stop
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Son of Denver mayor threatens to have LEO fired during traffic stop Login/Join 
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Denver.

No surprises there.

They actually tried, several years ago, to create a separate 911 system for 'government officials' in Denver, since the 'normal' one (you know, what all us peons use) wasn't fast enough.

That right there should have been the spark for public outrage, but nothing happened from it except the request for the new system was denied.

That "Some Animals Are More Equal Than Others" crap really gets me PO'd.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
"Might I suggest using your nightstick, officer?"

Posts: 1723 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Guess what, I’m about to get you fired (obscenity)

I love it when people say that, or the related "I'll have your job." "Go ahead and take it, [obscenity]," I'll say. "Any job you could have isn't worth having."

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
Denver.

No surprises there.

They actually tried, several years ago, to create a separate 911 system for 'government officials' in Denver, since the 'normal' one (you know, what all us peons use) wasn't fast enough.

That right there should have been the spark for public outrage, but nothing happened from it except the request for the new system was denied.

That "Some Animals Are More Equal Than Others" crap really gets me PO'd.

Quick sidenotes on "more equal". A city council in the Bay Area voted for themselves, that after one term of service (part time work for which they are paid), the city will pay their health insurance premiums for the rest of their lives. A county agency for low income housing got a ~$16M grant from the Obama admin, to help those in need. The full amount went for gravy for the bureaucrats pensions.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by dsmack:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Mayor Hancock:

We've addressed our son's behavior at a traffic stop w/him. He's apologized to the officer. While we don't support nor condone his inexcusable actions & words, we love our son dearly & will work w/him to turn a personal mistake into a valuable lesson for himself & the community.

seems a bit light on acknowledgement of the arrogant attitude of the son

Yeah, my bullshit meter just pegged out @ MAX while reading that weak sauce statement!

Don

Mine too. Smile

Maybe the kid should be required to do 100 hours of community service, to show his contrition.

As an OC spray and taser test dummy.

Posts: 1723 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's nuts these idiots are able to rule the roost. Hancock was even under question when he ran for mayor and his number came up in some prostitution sting if I recall correctly.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
one more reason I love body cams.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I predict that more will be heard about him on the Denver late night news report someday.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The mayor appears to be worthless as well. Son is a piece of garbage and needs to be on a chain gang.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
The mayor appears to be worthless as well. Son is a piece of garbage and needs to be on a chain gang.

Yup, like father, like son. They are both scum.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
one more reason I love body cams.

One thing we can actually thank BLM and stupid protestors for. All their lies and Jack assery is right there for all to see. Kind of blew up in their faces instead of showing police brutality, the cameras show restraint and professionalism.

Reap what you sow bitches.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
My dad was a rounder in his younger days. He tells a tale of getting arrested in Shepherdsville Ky back in the 1960s and telling the cop he'd have his badge.

Two days later a released prisoner called my mom using a phone number written with a burned paper match on the matchbook cover to tell her where dad was. A phone call for a smart ass prisoner was not high on the jailer's priority list. Big Grin

Pop got sober with AA in 1977 and stayed sober until he died in 1997.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Tree................................apple. Roll Eyes

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A wood shampoo with a nightstick would have been applied back in the day. Now, he might get a stern warning from the Mayor but doubt it. ..

Posts: 1451 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
If you have to tell them who you are, you don't have enough juice to change what's happening...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Hell, now a days we can get fired for simply posting on the internet about what we wish we could do to punks like this.

And it's only getting worse.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
All I'm saying as while I was saying I'm sorry my son showed unwelcome behavior and the rest, my belt would also be heard. 2, 22, or 222, you pull shit like that, I'mma beat ya butt as is my legal right as your parent.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
We've addressed our son's behavior at a traffic stop w/him. He's apologized to the officer. While we don't support nor condone his inexcusable actions & words, we love our son dearly & will work w/him to turn a personal mistake into a valuable lesson for himself & the community.

Better: My son is an adult and has been taught the proper way to behave however some people have to learn the hard way.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Wait, the fucker's 22 years old. All this "addressing his behavior" is nonsense. Kick him out, let him find a job, and be done with it.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10924 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Tree................................apple. Roll Eyes

Tree.Apple

Fixed it for you! Razz

Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post