SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Son of Denver mayor threatens to have LEO fired during traffic stop
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Son of Denver mayor threatens to have LEO fired during traffic stop Login/Join 
posted
Maybe the punk will be appointed to the Baltimore Community Oversight Task Force!

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XD_XW6FCJg

Article:

https://www.denverpost.com/201...michael-hancock-son/

My dad’s the mayor!” Michael Hancock’s son threatens Aurora cop with firing during traffic stop. Denver7 obtained body camera footage from the March incident

By KIRK MITCHELL | kmitchell@denverpost.com | The Denver Post
PUBLISHED: May 8, 2018 at 8:02 am | UPDATED: May 8, 2018 at 9:52 am

Denver Mayor Michael Hancock’s 22-year-old son cursed out an Aurora police officer using a homophobic slur and threatened to get him fired during a traffic stop in March, according to a body camera video obtained by Denver7.

“My dad’s the mayor, you (obscenity) Ha. Ha. … Guess what, I’m about to get you fired (obscenity),” Jordan Hancock said, according to video clip recorded by the officer’s body camera and provided to the TV station.

The recording happened during a traffic stop shortly before 8 a.m. on March 23, near the intersection of East 40th Avenue and North Walden Street, according to a Tuesday report by Denver7’s Tony Kovaleski. Jordan Hancock had been going 65 mph in a 40 mph zone, the story says. The Denver mayor’s son paid a $250 fine.

The video was leaked anonymously to Kovaleski. Aurora Police Chief Nick Metz said his officers will investigate who released the footage.

During the 20-second video the Aurora traffic officer repeatedly asks Jordan Hancock where his dad was the mayor. “Of Denver? Well, you’re in Aurora,” the officer says.

This wasn’t the first time that Jordan Hancock has been linked to a police-related incident.

On Sept. 28, 2014, Jordan Hancock was in a SUV in Fort Collins when Jalen Robinson, was shot. The shooting followed an apparent shouting match between Bloods and Crips gang members. Eddie Johnson, then 19, fired the gun inside the SUV. Johnson is serving a 9-year prison sentence at a youth correctional facility in Pueblo in connection to the shooting, according to Colorado Department of Corrections records.

Jordan Hancock was among those who were in the SUV who told police “the gunshot came from someone in the area” and not from within the vehicle, records show. The men also said there was no gun in the car.

Ammunition matching the type of gun that shot Robinson was found in the SUV, police said, adding that at least one person saw Johnson with a gun on the night of the shooting. Records quoted one witness as saying they saw Johnson toss a gun from the vehicle after the shooting. The witness said the gun was wrapped in a blue bandanna.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
This crap has been happening for decades...it's just caught on camera now for the world to see.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know the mayor or his politics, but this appears to be a case of an adult child acting like.....a child.

If the mayor comes out and defends his son's actions, then my opinion will change.

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
this is going to end well Big Grin

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
The Mayor has enough problems of his own.

https://www.denverpost.com/201...ck-harassment-claim/

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Mayor Hancock:

We've addressed our son's behavior at a traffic stop w/him. He's apologized to the officer. While we don't support nor condone his inexcusable actions & words, we love our son dearly & will work w/him to turn a personal mistake into a valuable lesson for himself & the community.

seems a bit light on acknowledgement of the arrogant attitude of the son

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Mayor Hancock:

We've addressed our son's behavior at a traffic stop w/him. He's apologized to the officer. While we don't support nor condone his inexcusable actions & words, we love our son dearly & will work w/him to turn a personal mistake into a valuable lesson for himself & the community.

Yeah, my bullshit meter just pegged out @ MAX while reading that weak sauce statement!

Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mayor Hancock:

So if I act that way on a traffic stop I'd be free to go about my day with no repercussions either?

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mayor Hancock:

Translated - We lost control of the little shit long ago but, not until after we gave him a massive sense of entitlement and he is free to live in a consequence free world as long as I can protect him

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I don't care if he's 27. Daddy needs to spank him in public.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The son sounds like a spoiled, entitled ass wipe that needs a beating. As soon as he started mouthing off, he should have been pulled through the vent window, throw over the hood of the car and given a beating! No wait! The cops all have body cams and the citizens have smart phones with cameras. Oh I miss the good ole days of no cameras or portable recording devices.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Mouthy little bastard, and a Grade-A dumbass.

Denver used to be a nice place, 55 years ago.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
Failed Mayor and failed father.

Posts: 4811 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mayor Hancock:

Translated: "Our son would have been better off being raised by wolves than having us as parents. Our son's issues are both a product of genetics and environment. "

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
who wrote this letter?

it appears to be addressed to the Mayor and not from...

makes it sound like the cops are apologizing

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Where have I seen a similar asshole relationship? I cannot help but honk of the first John Wick movie...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those of us in Denver know that the apple does not fall far from the tree regarding the Hancocks. Liars and deceivers and crooked through and through.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsmack:
quote:
Mayor Hancock:

Yeah, my bullshit meter just pegged out @ MAX while reading that weak sauce statement!

Don

Mine too. Smile

Maybe the kid should be required to do 100 hours of community service, to show his contrition.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by dsmack:
quote:
Mayor Hancock:

Don

Mine too. Smile

Maybe the kid should be required to do 100 hours of community service, to show his contrition.

On a chain gang

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post