SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question about switching to Consumer Cellular
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about switching to Consumer Cellular Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted
Currently have Verizon. If we switch, I know we can keep our phones and numbers, but I'm assuming we'd have to get a different email addy?

Also anyone have experience with CC?

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I was shopping CC for my MIL. Decided to go w/ Republic Wireless instead. Easy & pain free so far.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had an old iPhone 4s on the CC network for about 4 years. The phone is used primarily for a small side business I have so consequently it doesn't get used a whole lot. However, I have not had any problems with the service at all. At least in my DFW area their service is provided on the AT&T cellular network.

Based on my usage a few friends have switched to CC and I have not heard any negative comments from them either.

My mom and stepdad have older flip phones on the CC network and have been happy with their service.

Their customer service has always been top notch the few times I've called. A big plus to me is they have spoken American English. I have hearing aids and sometimes have major understanding issues with certain accents.

I really don't think you would be disappointed.

Posts: 416 | Location: Near Dallas, TX | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
We use CC and they are fine. You will need your current carrier account number to port over your old phone numbers.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CC user for years. Pretty good customer service. My only whine is they charge 35 bucks to activate a new phone. Ripoff!
If you switch, I think you can keep your old number.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what your question re email pertains to, but I switched from Verizon to Consumer Cellular a couple of months ago and have been very satisified.

I had a minor hiccup because they use both T-Mobile and AT&T. T-Mobile's coverage sucks near me. A call to Consumer Cellular and they sent me AT&T SIM cards asap.

Apart from that, they have been terrific.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post