SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Karma for pilots [Winner in last post!]
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Karma for pilots [Winner in last post!] Login/Join 
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted
Hopefully I can get the pics to show. For all our SIGForum pilots, a Surefire A2 with yellow/green secondaries. This is an original version, only really used for a few months in AF. It has the incandescent bulb (spare included). Good for reading tail #s and in the cockpit (non-red light charts).

The rules are tell when you soloed and what you're flying now. I'll have the karmanator select on Cinco de Mayo.

(There's a bit more yellow than my iPhone would pick up)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: M-11,

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M-11:
The rules are tell when you soloed and what you're flying now.
I would like to play, please.

I first soloed in August 1964 (yeah, I really am that old!).

Now flying? Whatever my clients have; I am an instructor, specializing in Instrument training and / or Bonanza proficiency training, either transitioning to the Bonanza or recurrent training. Personal / family transportation is a Bonanza.

EDIT: I'm editing this, so as not to put a second post in a karma thread, I just wanted to add, some of you are flying some pretty cool equipment! I see a couple of first solos in T34s, and some are currently flying tail-wheel Cessnas, 170, 195, cool! Somebody else flying a TravelAir. The last multi-engine rating I instructed a trainee for, was in one of those. Long story, for another time, about the batshit crazy examiner who administered the test for the rating.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: V-Tail,

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Wonderful Karma! Thank you for the opportunity

I solo'd June 6, 2008 in a Cessna 172.

Now flying? Currently I fly a Cessna 170 tailwheel and a Piper Pathfinder 235.

All the best.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind gesture.

I solo'ed in a Beech T-34C in 1985 out of Milton, FL.

I've been flying continuously since 85, currently left seat in a 737.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Cool, I'm in!

I finally soloed on 27 Feb 2007, with the University of Alaska Professional Pilot Program. A 172S, I logged 4 solo crosswind landings at Merrill Field in Anchorage.

More significant for me was after I received my certificate, my first passenger was my Dad in the RV-6A we had built together (sort of, long story on the build). That was 13 May 2007 flying out of Lenhardt Airpark in Hubbard, Oregon.

I'm not really currently flying anything. Well, technically I'm flying a small UAS (that does require a license). I recently renewed my third class medical, and I've heard that a neighboring mission group will do BFR's for pilots and missionaries, and rent their 172 or 182 out to them as well. I'm trying to connect with them to knock out a BFR so I'm legal to fly again. (My medical and BFR expired last year).

I've been eying Comanche 260's for sale...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13951 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Do not include me. I am overrun with lights right now and they are mostly cheap as I have a tendency to lose track of them. But...great karma.

For informational purposes, 1991 and Capt. on a 767. Smile

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Thanks M-11 for doing this...

I soloed in 1988 at Montgomery Field in San Diego and currently co-own a C-172RG with a friend there.

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
Please include me in this great karma!

First solo was in a Citabria January 1978 at Brackett Field in SoCal; now flying the first (one of three!) LongEZ I built, a '91 Grumman Tiger and a 1953 C195

Pics from yesterday after completing a winter annual on the EZ >>

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Generous karma. Please count me in too. Tx.

Posts: 1827 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in! I soloed in 1970 in a C-150, I'm almost as old as V-Tail. Here's where I learned to fly:

http://www.airfields-freeman.c...hmond_S.htm#berkeley

Current home field:

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KDVN

I took a long break and became a rusty pilot, but I'm now working on passing a BFR in a 152.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
In please. I soloed May 3, 1981 at Buckley ANG base, Aurora CO, in a Cessna 152. I'm currently flying a Citation 560XL. I also do instructing on the side.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice game. Me likey. Thanks for the chance.

January 1991 T34C. Boeing 737's now.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Solo October 2015. Currently fly a C-182 and TFO in a Pilatus PC-12. Thanks for doing this.

Posts: 248 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the opportunity, a very generous karma!

3/13/1987. These days primary wings are an Beech E95 Travel Air, with some instructing in a C182.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Cool seeing what you guys are flying.
My solo was in 2002 in a Cessna 150 from 45R, small airport north of Beaumont, TX.
Haven't flown in a few years & need to get back to it & finish my license.

Edit: Please don't include me, as I have not been actively flying for a few years.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P250UA5,

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15312 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flyboyrv6
posted Hide Post
Please include me.
Soloed in 1966 in a Piper Colt, Huntsville, AL.
Currently flying an RV6.

Posts: 828 | Registered: January 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
Please include me, too!

Solo on Dec. 5th, 2005 in a Piper Cherokee PA-28-161, at KFFZ in Mesa, AZ

Currently splitting time between a Cessna 162 Skycatcher and a Cessna 172N Skyhawk.

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very generous of you, and I'd like to play as well.
>solo in June of 1984, in a Cessna 152, at the base Aero club McGuire AFB, New Jersey. Our ship (U.S.S. Forrestal, CV-59) was going thru an extensive overhaul at Philadelphia Naval shipyard.
>currently flying an Airbus A-319/320/321 for a large air-carrier based out of Atlanta. I was very blessed/fortunate in my career path. My hobby turned into my vocation.
Chuck

Posts: 591 | Registered: December 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please include me in this karma. Solo'd in Jul 1984 out of Whiting Field in the mighty turbo mentor.

Flew Falcons in the Coast Guard and now with FedEx, in my 15th year here. Long story for another thread later.

Thanks for the chance.

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Bump for any Tailend Charlies.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post