SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    comfy chairs, specifically recliners
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

comfy chairs, specifically recliners Login/Join 
posted
I've found what I believe to be a wonderful chair that fits my needs (ass).
The Flexsteel Hercules is specifically designed for giants .

My only question involves the electric reclining feature.

https://www.flexsteel.com/prod...ules-4830-50m?action

What happens if the more complex electric reclining feature "goes out" in 6 years?

Am I s.o.l. ? on reclining ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
In reading their information on warranty, they claim a limited lifetime coverage on the reclining mechanisms. I’m not totally sure what that means but I believe this brand in a top brand and I wouldn’t be too concerned with this type of failure.

We have a 25 year old leather La-z-boy that is wonderful today. I realize that stuff made years ago was probably built different/better then today.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have always heard good things about this brand.
They are pretty spendy if I recall but well worth it.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sure looks comfortable. I have heard good things about the brand as well so that will go on my list for the next purchase. As far as the electric motors going out I’m sure the motors can be replaced but unless you have a freak failure they should last longer than the chair. Realistically how many cycles does it make in a week. Not that many compared to a garage door or power window.

I’ve had power recliners for 25 years now on several chairs and even sofas and never had a failure.

What happened to Lazy boy. They used to make good stuff but everything available now that I have tried is pure junk.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Not inexpensive but my personal favorite.
https://www.stickley.com/furni...arm-morris-recliner/

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
phoned three flexsteel dealers ,
all said that I'd be dealing w/ Flexsteel directly as none did repairs,
and no one had a clue as to what might happen .

Also found out that the same chair is available in a "manual" version , w/ the old giant lever on the side.

but it is either all the way up or all the way down, there is no in between as on the electric version ,
But !
it's $200.00 cheaper than the elec.

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just looked Headquarters in IOWA. Did not know that.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
For $200, you’ll regret not having the ability to recline. Go for the electric.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
How lazy do you have to be to need a power mechanism to recline your chair?

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Well, my neighbor had one of these, Herman Miller Eames. It’s without question the most comfortable chair I have ever sat in. WAY out of my personal price range, but if you can swing it, I highly recommend one.
When I win the lottery, I’m buying one.

https://store.hermanmiller.com...5667.html?lang=en_US

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
How lazy do you have to be to need a power mechanism to recline your chair?

It’s not about being lazy it’s the adjustability. With a lever you usually have halfway back and all the way back. With a power recliner it’s wherever you want to let off the button.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you haven't sat in a catnapper, try one out before buying your next recliner. They are very comfortable.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Previous owner of 2 FlexSteel Glider/Recliners. Most darn comfortable chairs I have owned. I am presently shopping for a new one, with power.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
had one of the eames chairs for 9 years,
it was given to me for helping a guy move,
gave it away

Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Have you checked out Ekornes Stressless recliners? Very comfortable. More so than my bed in fact. I got the cheaper grade coated leather on my first which eventually started to peel. I went with the good stuff when I bought one out here. Well worth the extra cost. They last forever.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:

It’s not about being lazy it’s the adjustability. With a lever you usually have halfway back and all the way back. With a power recliner it’s wherever you want to let off the button.

OK, like a power seat on a car. Smile My other concern is how long the motor, gears or cables will hold up under constant use.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ekornes Stressless recliners, I have two, one off eBay, one new on sale.

Expensive but worth it.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I have two favorite comfy chairs:
1. An Ekornes Stressless Las Vegas model in chocolate brown Paloma leather
2. A Robert Erickson handmade rocking chair in California madrone

Both are great for my back.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
had one of the eames chairs for 9 years,
it was given to me for helping a guy move,
gave it away

Happy to offer my services the next time you move! Eek Wink

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3619 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
after 15 phone calls to retailers in a 70 mile radius, with no help from the flexsteel company , what so ever, ( thanks for nothing A holes)

I found the manual version of what I am looking for, picking it up this p.m.