SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    MacOS High Sierra, Hows it Going So Far?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MacOS High Sierra, Hows it Going So Far? Login/Join 
Picture of just1tym
posted
Recently was trying to open a video and it noted that I needed to upgrade to a newer version. I did a High Sierra search and read the thread from Nov 2017. I'm thinking about an update and was wondering if any of you that upgraded to High Sierra if you're satisfied or have encountered any glitches? Thanks!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
My iMac has never run smoother.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16347 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
No problems here.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have a 2014 MBP and 2017 iMac churning along like clock work with it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I have 13" mbp (newer but no emoji bar). High Sierra seems to be running well. I haven't noticed a ton of difference between Sierra and High Sierra as far as the drive structure is concerned. (Apple File System or whatever it's called)

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9155 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
It messed up my apple mail but after 1 hr with apple it was fixed...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No problems with mine.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
It seems to be a solid upgrade.

There are a few apps that don't make the transition-

Customers using earlier versions of Apple Pro Apps—including Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro, Motion, Compressor, or MainStage—need to update their apps to be compatible with macOS High Sierra.

These versions of Apple Pro Apps are compatible with macOS High Sierra:

Final Cut Pro X 10.3.4 or later
Motion 5.3.2 or later
Compressor 4.3.2 or later
Logic Pro X 10.3.1 or later
MainStage 3.3 or later

Little Snitch-
For macOS High Sierra we recommend installing at least Little Snitch version 4.0.3

Office 2011 is not supported in High Sierra.
MS Offie 2016 – versions 15.35 and later only

Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 has problems with HS- they probably have a fix out for it, haven't looked.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
No problems at all with compatibility or function. My most-used third-party app combination is ScanSnap for Fujitsu scanners, together with Acrobat Pro. Updated both routinely.

Posts: 18064 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Only problem I've found so far is that I can't run my Canon printer/scanner software.

Other than that it seems to run great.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Happy

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1170 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Great responses and good confirmation, thanks all, I'll give it a go tonight. The only app that I've recently downloaded was the Affinity Photo app for image editing. It should be the latest version but I'll look into that also, thanks.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Start up on my 11" Air is a bit slower.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Had to order an external hard drive for back up and everything went well finally with High Sierra, so far so good, thanks for the replies.

Regards, Will G.