SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Brazen Sports watches
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brazen Sports watches Login/Join 
Picture of DC3S
posted
Anybody know anything about Brazen Sports watches?

<https://www.brazensports.com/about-us>

Are they similar to the Shinola model in Detroit?

Certainly seem friendly to the firearms community.

"Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."

Posts: 210 | Location: FL USA | Registered: February 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
I like the design of the Motorsports watches, and they almost had me sold until I realized they use quartz movements.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Their horrendous B logo completely destroys the look of all the watches.
Take that B off and they are good looking watches but that is big money for quartz movements.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25417 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DC3S
posted Hide Post
interesting, thanks.

"Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."

Posts: 210 | Location: FL USA | Registered: February 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Sig Forum & Co.

Thanks for your inquiry and feedback on the brand.

We consider ourselves a Detroit Inspired watch company. The city is in the process of creating an American revolution in watchmaking with Shinola, and others cool companies.

We are an American engineered, Swiss Made Micro Brand with only 1000 piece out the gate. (100 per/sku). All Edition 1 watch owners are part of our founding family, and will always and forever carry special favor with us!

Every aspect of the watch is custom engineered, and addressing value is relative. Respectfully.

Quartz vs Mechanical. We love both, except when it comes to service fees. UGH! Mechanical watch overhaul requirements can be exceptionally pricey. Quartz movements are generally worry free, and meet our target demographics.

We will build mechanical watches in the future, however, a quality Swiss Made chronograph watches would sell for 2.5-3x MSRP of our Motorsports.

We selected the shooting sports industry as our primary market given the history gun making, and watch making share. As a 1 year old brand, we are proud National Sponsors and Official TimePiece-Keeper to leading individuals and organizations such as; Max Michel, JJ Racaza, USA Shooting, USPSA and 3 Gun Nation, etc.

As a non-endemic sponsor to the gun industry, our goals are to grow a position where we can sponsor the passion and precision of marksmanship, and draw other nontraditional sponsors to follow suit.

Thanks for your support, and this opportunity to connect with one and all. I would be happy to address any additional questions on or offline.

Please feel free to reach out 800.995.2412 / er@brazensports.com.

Cheers,
Eddie Rimanelli
Brazen Sports Founder/CEO

Posts: 2 | Registered: November 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
I disagree with your assessment. For many many years now, the dive watch community has been successfully starting and growing micro brands with Swiss mechanical movements at your price point and below.

If I, as a consumer, can purchase a bare bones Swiss movement to build a watch for less than 300 bucks, you guys ought to be able to do an awful lot better at the wholesale level.

Don’t get me wrong, you guys build pretty watches, but I’d never pay that kind of money for quartz.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Welcome to SIGforum.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JJexp - Thanks again for your feedback. I'm fairly new to the Dive Watch Community, can you please be more specific?

As you can appreciated costs vary with (Quarts / Mechanical) movements from Japan vs, Swiss Parts/Swiss Movement, and ultimately Swiss Made. We pay extra to have our watch assembled in Switzerland, to earn the Swiss Made mark.

3 Hand Automatic Swiss Made ETA movements typically run $1k (+ / -)

ETA Chronograph Plus $2K

I know you considered the MotorSports which is currently sold out. I would give you access to wearing one of the remaining pieces so you can give it a fair assessment with Full 30 day Refund if you not 100% satisfied with the quality and integrity of our watches.

Lastly, here's an on air holiday spot we were featured on last year. 1st time on TV, go easy on me. lol

http://www.fox2detroit.com/good-day/221105526-video

What's your favorite Sub $1000.00 watch you enjoy wearing most?

Best wishes,

Eddie

Posts: 2 | Registered: November 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Tissot
Marathon
Longines
Hamilton

All offer sub $1,000 Swiss made automatics (non chronograph) with metal bracelets, which are a must for me.

A little shopping around needs to be done but a Marathon Search and Rescue, a Longines HydroConquest are right around a grand.

But the best deal likely are the Hamiltons in the Khaki line. Their Navy Scuba can be had for sub $500 and you get date and day.

————————————————

Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Tissot
Marathon
Longines
Hamilton

All offer sub $1,000 Swiss made automatics (non chronograph).

A little shopping around needs to be done but a Marathon Search and Rescue, a Longines HydroConquest are right around a grand.

But the best deal likely are the Hamiltons in the Khaki line. Their Navy Scuba can be had for sub $500 and you get date and day.

+1

Everyone has their thing. Paying money for a quartz watch is not mine.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I do have to add my favorite watch ever was a quartz that I paid silly money for when I was in High School and had no clue what the difference was in quartz, automatic, Japanese movement, Swiss made etc.

Diakkas Chad Muska edition
Heaviest damn watch I have ever come across (I very much like heavy watches). Paid $350 for it almost 20 years ago.
The quartz has long since died but have kicked around the idea of having a new movement in it.
I love the look of the face protection bars which is tough to find.
I have the white face model

————————————————

Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
^^I've got a Chase Durer that my grandfather gave me in high school. I don't know how much he paid for it, but it MSRPd for something like 800 or 900 dollars. I wore the hell out of that thing, until the movement was jammed and chrono hands had fallen off. Dave fixed it up for me a few years ago, but the battery is dead again.

Hence my mechanicals lol

I'll add, the only quartz in my rotation is a Sottomarino Italia Men's Lucciola Sapphire Tritium Diver that was a gift from a forum member several years ago. I sent it to Motor City Watch Works and had it customized. It's a beast, and magnificent.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chongosuerte,

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
I have both and prefer quartz to mechanical. Talking dive watches I love the look and feel of my Seiko SKX007 but the power reserve is only 40 hours so if I want to switch watches for a couple days it goes dead. Also a few of my automatics get magnitized which is annoying as that throws them off. I love my Omega and Tag quartz as they are worry free and very reliable.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
The military tactical chrono is a nice watch but the lack of lume kills it for me.

Seiko makes quartz dive and chrono watches that come in at roughly 40% of what your watch costs. Seiko also makes mechanical divers watches, although not four dial chrono models, that retail for around $500. I'm wearing an air 200m right now.

Not criticism of your brand, just pointing out who you'recompeting against in the tight sub 1k watch market.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
Wow - tough crowd.

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1449 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post