SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Alternative for Rocksett?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alternative for Rocksett? Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
So I'm trying to install this rassafrackin' flash hider and the Rocksett that SIG sends with it is congealed and in no way useable. It comes out in crumbles. In BOTH tubes sent with the flash hiders I've got from them. WTF, SIG. Shit is expired as hell.

So now I'm stuck with a useless muzzle device (x2) unless I have some thread locker.

Is Loctite Red a viable alternative for Rocksett? I can find the Loctite Red locally, but I'm sure I'll have to order Rocksett and I'd prefer not to wait another freakin' week to get this suppressor to the range.

Thoughts?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrprovy
posted Hide Post
I think the rocksett is somewhere between red & blue

Posts: 62 | Location: New Yorkistan | Registered: April 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Rocksett isn’t affected by heat like lock tight is. It’s your best option, I’ve bought it from Brownells

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
The red loctite will let go after one mag dump on an AR...

My sig suppressor adapters came with rockset, and it was the same issue...lumpy and dried...

One I wet and tried it, there is no bringing it back from the beyond...the other I got some red loctite and it let go
ThenI got some new rockset from sig and it worked fine. They replaced it free. Call them.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11268 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I bought a bottle that will probably be handed down as grand pappy’s ol’ bottle, enough to last several generations. If you were nearby I’d gladly help you out.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post