SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    HS swimmer disqualified because... too much butt was showing
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HS swimmer disqualified because... too much butt was showing Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
The suit was issued by the school
Same official went after the swimmers sister at a previous meet
Girls sometimes get wedgies when they swim
The Alaska School Activities Association reversed the disqualification
The girl won the race and the team’s points were restored
End of story

Yep. Both my girls swam. Common occurrence. No big deal compared to what these kids wear in the classroom if the school does not have uniforms. Had to be pretty embarassing for the kid. Official has issues.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
erj, your lines are now so long that your post overshadows all other posts on the page. On a phone everybody else is in a narrow column and you’re outside the lines (pun intended).

Too long? I'm using the software's 'hr' (hard return) feature, so I'm not sure what that could be? Is it happening with all my posts or is it the one just in this thread? Is there a way for you to post a screen shot?

I think I've seen that happen to someone else's posts when I'm on my iPad. Their post on the screen is so much wider that it makes all the other posts shrink.

If it's happening with all my posts, I'll just delete my account and start a new one. I'm no longer an "ERJ" pilot anyway!! Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
erj,
Your posts look good on my iPad and iPhone.

Both my daughters swam from a young age through High School.

One continued on swimming on full scholarship from a Division 1 SEC school and swam in the NCAA Championships every year as well as the national championships and Olympic Trials.

As much as I did not like the swimsuit creeping up on my girls, it happens. Some teams issue swim suits cut very high at the leg/hip but fortunately not for my girls’ teams.

Posts: 1053 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
downtownv....could you please place the code for the small double line before your CPAP advertisement? It's really confusing because I always think it's part of your post when it's not. The instructions are in the first post in the thread link below. Thank you!!

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...100020954#1100020954

I added this~~~~~~~~~~~~ yet it doesn't appear...

It not just you. When these ^^^ and these ___ are stretched all the way across the page it makes your post look like an oversized photo.

Your monopoly post looks normal.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I saw where they reinstated the win because it was a regulation, school issued suit.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Sounds like BS to me.

I swam competitively and every team I ever swam for the team picked the suit. You bought the size that fit you. One brand, one design you only go to pick the size.

Ask any women how many suits they normally try on to find one that fits their body. Now, what if all you got to pick was the size.

As a guy, I never had much of an issue. I do know some girls did. Especially ones where a body part was larger than average for their overall size.

Unless she got out of the pool and was walking around without adjusting the suit I don't see the problem. Watch a swim meet and look at how many of the swimmers will adjust part of their suit after a race.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
This cracks me up.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I saw where they reinstated the win because it was a regulation, school issued suit.

It was reinstated because the coach was not properly informed of the infraction by the official.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

It was reinstated because the coach was not properly informed of the infraction by the official.

^^^^^^^^^
In what manner was the coach to be properly informed by said official? I thought tennis was the only sport that had such ridiculous protocol.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It was reinstated because baby got back.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hahaaaha

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

^^^^^^^^^
In what manner was the coach to be properly informed by said official? I thought tennis was the only sport that had such ridiculous protocol.

I don't know, but this is what I read:

"ASAA overturned the disqualification because an official must notify the coach if a uniform violation is uncovered, according to the rules.

“All evidence gathered, including the statement provided by the official, indicated the official did not notify the coach prior to disqualifying the student,” ASAA said in a statement"

Link

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

https://i.imgur.com/DHJYa9a.jpg?1

My favorite Frank Gorshin role.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post