SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    We'll call this "Carma": Robber run down by victim, robber accidentally shoots self in head
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We'll call this "Carma": Robber run down by victim, robber accidentally shoots self in head Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Wonder how long before a movie director recreates that in a movie?

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
A 3000 lb. car at sufficient speed has more kinetic energy than, yes, even 10mm.

Blasfeemer!

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Dang, can't watch from work. Delayed gratification on this one, I guess.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Big Grin I have many ways in which I can describe my joy at watching the video, but it made my day!

Thanks, Para!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
Dang, can't watch from work. Delayed gratification on this one, I guess.

I promise you will smile, and like para hit replay at least a couple times. Big Grin

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Puddle Pirate
Picture of kornesque
posted Hide Post
The shit eating grin on the cops face while he describes victims chasing down an armed robber who is fleeing them, who gets hit by the car and caps his own ass. Oh, my sides. That cops face looks like mine right now, cept I've still got tears on mine. My whole face hurts, thank you.

"Happiness is red and free."

Posts: 1794 | Location: Low Country, SC | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Kill
Picture of Wyatt_jr
posted Hide Post
Which part is disturbing? The fact that security cameras still lack detail? And sound?
I'm disturbed that a professional camera crew didn't catch it.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Chester County, PA | Registered: March 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kudos to the victim driver ignoring the concrete parking stops and keeping his eye on the target.

Growing up in the hood, they must have practiced autocross driving.

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
that was entirely special - good on the driver

I wonder if the shitstain now has a license plate tattoo on his ass?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I'd be curious to see if the driver will be charged.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Excellent example of quick thinking and using whatever weapon is available to defend yourself.

Absolutely great! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I'd be curious to see if the driver will be charged.

I hope not. The guy wasn't turning and running because he was done...he turned and ran because the guy in the car was using the vehicle to protect himself, though it is California where stupidity reigns supreme.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
I can't listen to it right now, but watched the video. Is it just my or is that officer grinning happily while summarizing the situation? Razz Big Grin

Cops LOVE this shit. Bad guy injures himself, is still on scene and doesnt get away, and no one else is hurt. CASE CLOSED with a fucking smile !!

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Legally I think there's a way to charge the driver (threat has retreated), but I'm hoping the police and DA won't bring charges.

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
A 3000 lb. car at sufficient speed has more kinetic energy than, yes, even 10mm.

My God,think of the kittens man!

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Worse case of suicide I ever saw.

Posts: 7017 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
Legally I think there's a way to charge the driver (threat has retreated), but I'm hoping the police and DA won't bring charges.

Yeah, that was my thinking.

I don't necessarily have a problem with the fate of the bad guy. I'd imagine it is an occupational hazard in his line of work.

But I think a DA could make the case that at some point the victim became the aggressor. He could just as easily have driven off as running him down.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:

Yeah, that was my thinking.

I don't necessarily have a problem with the fate of the bad guy. I'd imagine it is an occupational hazard in his line of work.

But I think a DA could make the case that at some point the victim became the aggressor. He could just as easily have driven off as running him down.

The officer on scene sure didn't seem to have a problem with it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Two thoughts after watching the video.

One, did it appear to anyone else that the cop who was interviewed was grinning when describing what happened? Sure seemed like it to me.

Two, did anyone else watch the video and hear this in your head.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Classic. Can't run real well wearing the half down pants either.

Dumbfuckery abounds. Splat is pretty lucky the car campers didn't come back around to finish the job.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post