SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bought an F-18 (1/5 of one anyway) RC Turbine (Update 11/7 Page 4)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought an F-18 (1/5 of one anyway) RC Turbine (Update 11/7 Page 4) Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Making progress. Jet is built and in paint. They sent some photos for my approval before it goes into the final paint process. I asked them to take it outside in the first pic so I could see the dark blue. I think they nailed it.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3599 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Years ago I saw a guy flying a RC F-104 at a show in Germany, it was amazing to me how closely the models mimicked the flying characteristics of the real Aircraft. On the second flight the 104 entered a "Pitch UP" and crashed just like the real 104.
I look for the video

Posts: 152 | Location: west Florida | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
That thing looks amazing and I’m sure I would wreck it inside of an hour flathatting at low altitude...!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
On the vertical stab, I believe it should read "NO PUSH" instead of "NO STEP"

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
That's a beautiful aircraft. Really cool.

Posts: 10932 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
She's safely snuggled in the garage. Really looking forward to getting it completed.

Insert turbine here:

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3599 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Love that paint job!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That thing is bananas. We need a video once in the air.

Posts: 3915 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigs are
my Panacea...
Picture of billpocz
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see the video!!

Thanks for sharing this Andy!

--- Sig 365, 365XL, 245, P6

Posts: 2001 | Location: Rural Northeastern KY | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
awesome -

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Going through the rats nest setting up the receiver and gyro. Next to go through will be fuel and air system, gear, and then turbski time.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
That’s pretty awesome. Nice build.

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Turbine came in yesterday. A little beefier than the one in the trainer T-33

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
^^^That's not like one of those fish pictures where they make the fish look way bigger than it is, is it? "A little beefier" seems to be an understatement.

Posts: 10932 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
^^^That's not like one of those fish pictures where they make the fish look way bigger than it is, is it? "A little beefier" seems to be an understatement.

Just meant it tongue in cheek. It's a really intimidating amount bigger, for me anyway.

The right side mount of the big turbine is a few inches above the reflective tape on the opening of the T-33.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Andyb,

drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
AWSOME.. Cool beans.. What fuel are you using?? If already stated sorry if I missed it...................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
AWSOME.. Cool beans.. What fuel are you using?? If already stated sorry if I missed it...................... drill sgt.

Jet A, Kero, or Diesel. Running kero currently but will probably switch to diesel soon for the cost savings. Have to mix in turbine oil around 5%

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Need a MIG to dogfight with! Big Grin

Ask and ye shall received

Mig 21 Kit

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Where will you fly this bird?

Thanks for your post, I'm greatly excited for you.

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
How big of a fuel tank does it have and what kind of mileage will you get out of her?

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post