SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Your comments on QR code apps?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your comments on QR code apps? Login/Join 
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted
Looking at pro/con on android apps for casual use. Don't want invasion of zombie ads. Please advise.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
This has been a good one on my android smartphone.

https://play.google.com/store/...etails?id=app.qrcode

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
Looks like the same one that I have on my iPhone. Works well. There’s also a “Pro” version, but I haven’t popped for that.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8938 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
thanks for the information; I'm concerned about getting marked for a lot of spam dumps by accessing such an app.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I've been using an app called i-nigma with good success. It will read the code and then give you the option of going online with the data.

God bless America.

Posts: 13487 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you even need an App? My iPhone8 opens QR codes using the camera.

Posts: 2480 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
just as bw said, our iPhones scan QR codes with just the phone's camera app. i can only imagine 'droids should be the same.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1164 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
Do you even need an App? My iPhone8 opens QR codes using the camera.

Neat. Thanks for that tip. However, my iPhone, iOS 12.4.1, doesn’t seem to recognize bar codes. My QR scanner app reads bar codes too.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8938 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
My S9 doesn't have the app. Yet.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
~SIGforum advisor~