SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Logan (The Movie), Sig MPX

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Logan (The Movie), Sig MPX Login/Join 
posted
Saw the movie last night and thought it was really good. One interesting thing that I was curious about is that the bad guys were using SBR'd Sig MPXs with suppressors. Does anyone know if Hollywood goes through the same process that we do to get tax stamps for the weapons they use in the movies?

Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I don't think movie props are regulated like that.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Most movie guns are from prop houses. They don't fire live rounds so it's not a firearm.

I was watching some made for video/netflix movie where everything was added in post production and you can tell all the guns were airsoft guns.

I remember a guy checking a magazine and I can tell it's one of the older Glock green gas magazines.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Report This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I wonder if ISS was involved with that movie.

http://features.hollywoodrepor...ship-with-hollywood/

They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Most are airsoft or rubber replicas. IMFDB is good at spotting the fakes and pointing out in the movie where the gun isn't (especially when the actor bends the prop) or where the gun betrays it's non-real steel status. Older movies with converted HKs are easy to spot since they lack the paddle mag lever.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post