SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The best wasp and bee spray on earth..
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The best wasp and bee spray on earth.. Login/Join 
FBHO
posted Hide Post
So carb cleaner is cool for guns and ground bees?
Y'all is frugal.

Posts: 1046 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
I was hoping we could see some escape and evasion fail footage.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I sprayed a european hornet wight n the face the other day.
It just laughed at me. Eek
It was the BIGGEST hornet I've ever seen!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
I sprayed a european hornet wight n the face the other day.
It just laughed at me. Eek
It was the BIGGEST hornet I've ever seen!

Google Asian hornet; pray they never gain a foothold in the US. They attack and destroy European honeybee nests in wholesale slaughter down to the last bee. They will also destroy European hornet nests without fear. Very nasty critters.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_giant_hornet

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15572 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I wiped out a hornets nest next to my parents' patio once by taping the nozzle of a shop vac to a board, placing next to the critters' entrance/exit and leaving it run all day.
At sundown I shot a burst of brake cleaner into the vacuum, let it sit all night and that was that.

Posts: 1400 | Location: Butte, Mont. | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUfw0TIL6P8

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
^^thats cool!

I like a can of carb cleaner sprayed over a lit propane torch. Short fireball and they're on the ground.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also don't kill these.
https://g.co/kgs/vtgTyo

Cicada killers are pretty tame. They are not like the wasps in the photos.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a pinch, WD-40 works pretty good too.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Also don't kill these.
https://g.co/kgs/vtgTyo

Cicada killers are pretty tame. They are not like the wasps in the photos.

It wasn't a Cicada killer.
I'm familiar with them.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Big B:

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by ontmark:

What are those big roundish all black (I call them Bees) that like citrus called.

Are you referring to one of these?

No those are not them.

They are all black and really round in body shape.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Carpenter bee?
https://entomology.ces.ncsu.ed...an/carpenterbees.htm

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I just use a cup of warm water with a few drops of dish soap. DRT, safe for paint and other surfaces...

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
quote:
Originally posted by greyeyezz:
Yes it's that time of year and I'm to old and fat to run a forty yard dash so I offer my little secret. Rainbow Technology, Telco & Power Wasp & Ant Spray, used it for years on the farm in Pennsylvania, it's death in a can to flying miscreants. Utility company strength and means business. Don't waste your money on box store bargains. Highly recommended.

My company I retired from, Florida Power and Light used to by that product by the truckloads, always had it in stores for crew check outs. We encountered huge wasp nests in our transmission and distribution substation infrastructure. It would wipe a nest clean on contact, instantly. You don't have the luxury of time when spraying those huge nests, especially high up in the towers. Excellent product!

My grandfather and father both retired from FP&L. Grandpa worked in Orlando (Lineman) for 30+ years and my dad was at Crystal River (Unit 3) for 30+ as well.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I understand pyrethrin powder or liquid is excellent and not toxic to mammals.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post