SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The best wasp and bee spray on earth..
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The best wasp and bee spray on earth.. Login/Join 
FBHO
posted
Yes it's that time of year and I'm to old and fat to run a forty yard dash so I offer my little secret. Rainbow Technology, Telco & Power Wasp & Ant Spray, used it for years on the farm in Pennsylvania, it's death in a can to flying miscreants. Utility company strength and means business. Don't waste your money on box store bargains. Highly recommended.

Posts: 1046 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Posts: 12577 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice.ive been using Bee Bopper for years. The down side is a can doesn't last long, but charging bees drop when hit.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1118 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Tag

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I refinish furniture etc as a hobby. I use various sprayers and lacquer for my finishes. There is nothing that will drop a nest of wasps etc faster than lacquer thinner. I put a 3' wand on the spray gun and one quick squirt with the thinner.....instant death. I can even hit the strays coming back to the nest. It burns them chemically so fast they are dead faster than they can react.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Hope you're using it on wasps, hornets, and yellowjackets but not on honey bees. Honey bee populations are greatly declining, they are relatively gentle (usually sting only if stepped on or swatted), and are vital to many crops.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
I like to use:

Knocks them down instantly, is cheap, and I always have some of it around!

Posts: 4340 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Xer0:
I like to use:

Knocks them down instantly, is cheap, and I always have some of it around!

Yep, and starter fluid does it too.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't forget brake cleaner.

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikito:

Too bad for paint (at least the chlorinated stuff), although it does work awesome too!

Posts: 4340 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High Speed Low Drag
Operator in the Innis Mode
Picture of Ke Bo Li
posted Hide Post
quote:

yep, drops them in mid-flight

I think the "check engine" light is burned out

Posts: 710 | Location: Portland,OR | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Xer0:
quote:

Too bad for paint (at least the chlorinated stuff), although it does work awesome too!

Ya we can't get the Chlorinated stuff in California.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Hope you're using it on wasps, hornets, and yellowjackets but not on honey bees. Honey bee populations are greatly declining, they are relatively gentle (usually sting only if stepped on or swatted), and are vital to many crops.

Thanks.

What are those big roundish all black (I call them Bees) that like citrus called.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I use Raid wasp and hornet killer. Kills 'em immediately, and if you douche the hive it'll kill those returning to it.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
Brake Cleaner for the win....nothing else I have used as is fast and they drop to the ground with pleasing finality. Razz

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greyeyezz:
Yes it's that time of year and I'm to old and fat to run a forty yard dash so I offer my little secret. Rainbow Technology, Telco & Power Wasp & Ant Spray, used it for years on the farm in Pennsylvania, it's death in a can to flying miscreants. Utility company strength and means business. Don't waste your money on box store bargains. Highly recommended.

My company I retired from, Florida Power and Light used to by that product by the truckloads, always had it in stores for crew check outs. We encountered huge wasp nests in our transmission and distribution substation infrastructure. It would wipe a nest clean on contact, instantly. You don't have the luxury of time when spraying those huge nests, especially high up in the towers. Excellent product!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ke Bo Li:
quote:

yep, drops them in mid-flight
This is what I had in my trunk at a Pilot truck stop when one of their employees got stung. A storage container had several nests inside and out. You get long range with the little red tube attached. I kilt 'em all.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
When I worked for our local electric company years ago, we would use something similar. Took electrical tape to hold down the nozzle and toss a few bottles in an electric vault or pad mounted transformer and slam the lid shut. Waited until the buzzing stopped, then went to work.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3623 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Hmm. "[Q]uick knockdown". I like the sound of that.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ontmark:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

Thanks.

What are those big roundish all black (I call them Bees) that like citrus called.
Are you referring to one of these?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post